No announcement yet.

Da/XiaoHong Chuen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you studying in STUK,I go there 3 times a week.
    I think that the teaching there is'nt very good,Like in xiaohong chuan for example.They teach this form in shi yan zi's way! There are many sanshou movements in xiao hong chuan.I am in preperation class now but I thought that I should go to the founadtion class,but in foundation they teach things that I dont like.Like there style of xiaohong chuan and sanshou.But I am happy to join the mantis and weapons class,I wish if I can go to stage one without passing the foundation class.I hate the stuk's shaolin uniforms,it is not flexible,I always come to stuk wearing the sleevless shaolin uniform and there own trousers.But the problem that that they dont have my size ! thats because I am TALL.Thats why I wear the shaolin tall socks.I use to study in saudi arabia,a lot of shaolin monks come to saudi arabia to teach and to do perfomance,the training there is very intresting.

Comment

Yo, Lipster.

I might be going to Ben Gurion U the semester after this...just need to see if they'll accept my candy ass...

the Xiao Hong Chuan im talking about is abridged, but not in the sense that you get to a certain point and stop...the order of moves are diferent and some moves that you normally see twice in the form are done only once.

Check out this link from kungfumagazine.com http://www.nacma.net/index.cfm?ac=shaolinT2004

The only one who does the form the way i've always seen it is in the clip "Stephen xiao hong chuan" from Shi Yan Feng's school, the others who are not little kids do the form in the abridged version.

Doc- remember i PM'd you about this? i think you've seen the form i'm talking about. it's 24 postures in length.
      Last edited by dogchow108; 08-19-2004, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Tiger, what is it that you think isn't very good. STUK is not what alot of people expect it to be. You won't learn any wushu there ('cept in the other class), most of the stuff is sanshou oriented. I don't know what you mean by you don't like his style, but if he's anything to go by, I'm happy learning from him. Shao hong chaun is absolutely packed with applications, he teaches it in a way that we should actually be able to work out the practical apps - not for a nice performance. Yeah, the uniforms are heavy, but I like to think that it just gives you a better detox

Cool chow, keep me posted. Can't seem to access the links at the mo.

Vince, answer my bloody question this time, m'kay?

Comment

the abbreviated version is a tradtional form.....it is usually taught first...because it is one of the first couple forms to be taught to a new student...i dont think a new student can handle like 72 steps of movement..so they start him off small first and build up from there....and yes later we do get to learn the longer version..as u can see in stefan's video

Comment

really?

Oh, okay. i was under the impression that thats what you guys end up learning. Lol, thats what i get for assuming. but i was wondering about the "big Guy"

Comment

dave, sorry..i havent been reading this thread!

i just checked my email, have you sent me an email?

cause if you have then im pissed, that means i am missing emails somehow, something ive been suspective awhile..

try again and then ill see what i can do

amitabha
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Lipster,why are you so angry?
                I think that you miss understand me.I didnt mean that I dont like it,I just said a few things that I dont like there.Thats all!
                The only thing that I dont like there,is that they teach sanshou more than wushu.Even in xiao hong chuan,there are many sanshou movements are done in the form.Maybe you like sanshou more then I do,thats why you like it there.But remember,that dosnt mean I dont like all of the training there.I love going to STUK,but I think that the shaolin temple in houston for example is better,because the training there has a shaolin flavour,and also the the uniforms are better.I think that you like sanshou,I hate sanshou.
                Well,I think that a lot of people in my age like to fight more then to practice traditional forms and stuff.I am the only 15 years old training with adults in STUK.

Comment

damn is that what im called now. the "big guy". well least no one here start trying to criticize and stuff like u did for the da hong quan guy. lol. and if i look slow its cuz i had just finish doing lohan which kills hell out ur legs. plus it hard for someone big like me to do all that. lol. so i think i accomplish abit for a BIG GUY.

Comment

Lol, I'm not angry at all. I’m a chillin dude. I don't get angry, 'specially over thing like these. Just cause someone asks a question, don't mean they're angry. Don’t be so sensitive dude. Why do so many Shaolin hard asses get all mushy all the time.

Anyway, I see now. Lol, well you're the first person, and I mean that quite literally, that has expressed discontent in learning fighting gong fu rather then wushu. Um, in fact, I'm kinda in shock. I always thought I'd have to stand up for the temple against guys who were accusing the monks of just teaching wushu. This is the first complaint I've heard concerning the fact that there is no performance wushu taught. Yanzi is against that - it's ruining traditional martial arts. Um, I'm really lost now - if you want to learn real Shaolin, are you seriously telling me you prefer to learn wushu over real gong fu for that traditional flavour?

Vince, it could have been my end that's screwing up. I'll try again. You cock.

Bless,

David

Comment

Drunk- dont get too comfortable with it, hah. I dont really understand how people can even criticize the guy in the Da Hong Chuen thred, but thats a different story. I think your form was pretty fast, considering the size. Plus, i only called you "Big guy" because thats what the file name is when i open the clip with WinMedia player. On the whole, i thought you did a nice form.

Lipster- not everyone, i guess, wants to learn fighting/sanshou. I personally wouldnt want to let the martial aspect of shaolin slip out of my trainig, but i gotta say i dont do it solely for that either.

U staying in Jerusalem, by the way? I think Avi is in Tel Aviv. I asked my teacher if he can get a means of contact for me.

Comment

The "big guy" didn't learn the short version. He learned the traditional version (the long one) right from the beginning, almost ten years ago. I've seen Xingwei teach the short version, and I've seen the short version taught to many foreigners that travel to Shaolin. It has the "highlights" of the original larger form.

The original larger form of Shao Hong Chuan is in the slideshow section. That is it, but remember, you might see some slight variations here and there.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

I learned both.But the big problem is,that even the short abridged version is tought in a different ways,every master teaches it different.Like master shi xing ying's student [amy] in the video.She did the same style I learned but a little bit different.Just a few movements.Now I know two styles of the short version,so know I can do it my own way.I learned the big xiaohong chuan from many masters doing it different.So now I practice only one.I have combined all the techniques in xiaohong chuan and I created my own.

Comment

The Shaolin Da Quan (encyclopedia as it is called) has the
                            original full version of the Xiao Hong Quan and it has a weird Erh Lu (2nd form) of
                            Xiao Hong Quan that I have seen no where else.

It also has Yi, Erh and San Lu of Da Hong Quan, pretty much the same way most places do the forms.

Now the Yi and Erh Lu Lohan forms are another story.
                            What is shows for Yi Lu is only the beginning of Da Lohan Quan.
                            And what it gives as Erh Lu is not Erh Lu at all but Xiao Lohan Quan with a longer ending tacked on to it. It does the whole Xiao Lohan form and just when it normally ends it has another 10-15 moves to the end.
                            I have seen another version of Xiao Lohan where it does the same thing, it goes past where most people normally stop and has an even longer ending that is totally different that this longer ending!

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Canzonieri
                              The Shaolin Da Quan (encyclopedia as it is called) has the
                              original full version of the Xiao Hong Quan and it has a weird Erh Lu (2nd form) of
                              Xiao Hong Quan that I have seen no where else.

It also has Yi, Erh and San Lu of Da Hong Quan, pretty much the same way most places do the forms.

Now the Yi and Erh Lu Lohan forms are another story.
                              What is shows for Yi Lu is only the beginning of Da Lohan Quan.
                              And what it gives as Erh Lu is not Erh Lu at all but Xiao Lohan Quan with a longer ending tacked on to it. It does the whole Xiao Lohan form and just when it normally ends it has another 10-15 moves to the end.
                              I have seen another version of Xiao Lohan where it does the same thing, it goes past where most people normally stop and has an even longer ending that is totally different that this longer ending!
                              Well that actually makes sense. Shi De Shan's assistant instructor once told me there's like five or some dd number of Hong Quan forms; now it makes sense. Is there something like this for Tong Bei Quan?

Comment

differences...

don't get caught up in the semantics...
                                practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                                X