sick and tired of typical excercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick and tired of typical excercises

anyone out there have any training methods that involve static postures or any other extreme method of training and by extreme i mean effective in building strength and/or power , technique. just wondering if anyone out there knows anything interesting. thats what a forum is for isnt it.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

static excersises are like the worst to build strength....
    endurance and some strength in that particular position... yes, anything else... no

Check out this thread (and some of the others on that forum) to see what I mean.
    I'm constantly trying to get little exercises in throughout the day when I can. For instance, I often do a stair workout at work, climbing the steps and at certain floors I'll stop and do pushups or situps or whatever. This afternoon on my way back from lunch I had to take an escalator so putting my hands on each side of me I held myself up all the way down. What sorts of things are you guys and girls doing to get in a little exercise from time to time?
    practice wu de

Comment

so youre telling me stance training and static positions do not build explosive and springy energy as well as balance a stronger connection to the earth and better circulation/perception of chi. I have no formal training yet it seems that you have. that means you should know what you are talking about. correct me if im wrong.
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

judging by your picture you dont look very built either. if thats really you.

Comment

Either way....

great judgement from a headshot...

I'm just saying, I've done stance training, and it helps with somethings, but as far as building strength goes... well, I'm not the biggest believer that it is the easiest or best way. It has its merits, for sure, but I try to put more time in doing squats, lundges, both waited and not, also doing stances drills, like wu bu, or something to that effect. Lets just say I try to put more in the movement than the static posture. It is the transition that gets you where you are going, not how low your pubu is.
          practice wu de

Comment

Ha dont get butthurt i was just yankin your chain. but i still disagree. lunges may be good at developing muscles externally. but horse stances train the deeper muscles of your leg isolating them more and giving them a real workout. i personally think your approach is harder than static postures.

Comment

As far as building strength, when I was younger and really weak, I began doing invisible chairs (not the same as a static mabu, but same principle). I found that my legs were very strong. My muscles felt denser, they were harder, and I could run faster.

Of course static training is not the ultimate leg excersize, but it is a very very good one. I believe it's more benifitial than you give it credit for.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I've written about fast versus slow muscle fiber development, somewhere in the forum. That thread might help, if someone could find it.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

I didn't find the muscle fibers thread in the archive, but I did find your post on life. Very inspirational. I am thinking about the medical field, and I wion't lie to you, it's about the money. Dentistry. Hard work for sure, but if I can shift myself to a pay now play later, I think I can stand a better chance.

In the wrong thread, but I don't think it completely hijacks the thread, so it's all gravy.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Leg Strength

Stand on two poles in Ma Bu and put one brick on top of each thigh. Each month stack more bricks.

Comment

After my time in the Marines I did a lot of running and bodyweight exercises.
                      Various types of pushups, pullups, dips, squats and lunges. I posted a sample routine in the Journals section. I began to combine bodyweight exercises with cables. The cables I used were from Lifeline USA. The cable exercises I did were obtained from a lot of different sources. If you are interested in working with cables, which I really enjoyed, check out Lifeline and/or a gentleman by the name of Juan Carlos Santana (I'm not sure of his name). Mr. Santana has written some very interesting articles in Grappling magazine.

I still use the above methods but currently Kettlebells are my favorite. You can look at Dragondoor.com and/or do a search for Mike Mahler for more nformation. I attended a seminar given by Mike, in Manhattan, at Fighthouse gym. It was great. I have posted some kettelbell routines in the Journals section. On the Dragondoor site you can see if there are any instructors near you. It would certainly be worth your time to try a session with a qualified instructor. Initially I learned from a video, but there is no substitute for a good teacher.

Good luck.

Comment

I haven’t personally tried any extreme training methods, but maybe someone else on this forum can share their knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                        X