Need help with 18 basic stances translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with 18 basic stances translation

Hello everyone, this is my first post to the forum. I am researching how the Chinese martial arts influenced the Korean martial arts via the ancient Korean text the Moo Yei Do Bo TOng Ji which drew from Qi Ji Kwangs 32 postures and Mao's Bubishi to name a few famous Chinese texts.

In the text it mentions the 35 hand techniques and the 18 steps. I thought I'd start with the 18 steps. My understanding of Chinese is very limited. Although I translated the characters many of the actual techniques escape me. So I hope some of you here would share your expertise.

Thanks

Dan

练步者十八
    1-甃步 - Mountain stance (Front stance) Bow and Arrow

2-後甃步 - Cat Stance
    3-碾步 - Half moon stepping

4-冲步- Jumping or skipping steps

5-撒步-(Don't know what stance or step this is this is)
    6-曲步- Snap kicks

7-踏步-Stomping kicks/steps

8-敛步-(Don't know what stance or step this is this is)
    9-坐馬步- Sitting horse stance

10-钓马步- (Don't know what stance or step this is this is)
    11-连枝步- Combination attacks

12-仙人步- Fairy stance/walk (Don't know what stance or step this is this is)
    13-分身步 - Divide body (Don't know what stance or step this is this is)
    14-翻身步-Turn body walk (turning motions ???)
    15-追步-Purse/chase (Don't know what stance or step this is)
    16-逼步- Urge(Don't know what stance or step this is)
    17-斜步- Inclined (Don't know what stance or step this is this is)
    18-绞花步- Strangle flower (Don't know what stance or step this is this is)

Also the text I pulled this from is linked here:

Which seems to be a text from 1675

Thanks again for any help

Dan, did you look here:

Some of these descriptions are of stances that are commonly found in Japanese and Japanese / Chinese mix martial arts.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Steam XP is what Steam players need for Steam Level Up. Just like the upgrade in the game, Steam as a game launching platform also has a level mechanism, which can be called a card game.

The most common and fastest way to obtain XP is to collect Steam trading cards and synthesize the corresponding game badges. You can get 100XP by synthesizing once. Compared to buying a game to get an XP, it’s not too fast. Of course, players can also get badges without collecting any trading cards, or even high XP.

All of this is based on contributions to the Steam platform. It is also a badge for rewarding XP, but it is not a card making.

For free, I attribute them to the Steam Community Service badge. After we get a Steam account, we can get community service mission badges through some simple tasks. Similar to the realization of personal information forms and Steam platform functions. Watch the game live broadcast, set your profile background, add a Steam friend, and enter the Steam community to participate in basic tasks such as discussions. After the 25 basic tasks are completed, you can get 500XP.

Then there are some other community service tasks, participation in testing, translation work, hosting activities, etc.

The way to get paid is to get badges through spending. The most common is to participate in holiday promotions, the higher the level, the more XP you get. This is the fastest way to upgrade for players with a high Steam Level. The usual purchases will increase the points of the muscle points store and redeem them for seasonal badges of different levels. You can get up to 20-level badges, spend $200 to get 20,000 points, and get 2000XP.

Merchants that provide the Buy Fast Steam Level Service generally help players to level up by quickly making badges for players through a wealth of inventory. Players can also save the process of collecting cards by themselves, which is cheaper and more effective than the payment method.

Comment

The word design in Animal Crossing: New Horizons runs through the entire game. From the beginning of the game, we need to customize the appearance of our characters. Whether it is gender, hairstyle, skin color, or clothing, we all need to choose.

The choice before the start of the game, after all, is limited by a few types. But when we make some game items on the island, the situation may start to change.

On the fifth day of the island, whether you have villagers, recipes, or encounter mysterious balloon prizes, you will get the wardrobe recipes provided by Tom Nook. Unlike those temporary wardrobes, you can have a complete wardrobe UI option to change clothes.

Of course, to change the face shape, gender, and skin tone, you need to find the mirror recipe in the furniture recipes provided by Tom Nook.

You can get up to 16 hairstyles in Redeem Nook Miles at Nook Stop. And there are many colors, just use Nook Miles to unlock. The most thing is that you can also use ACNH Bells to buy wigs in a tailor shop.

The tailor shop also has facial hair, suitable for male players who like it. Just consult the tailor again to see all types.

The reason most players Buy Animal Crossing Bells is to get more items for the innovation and design of the island. Design your character to be more consistent with the style of the island, and you can get beautiful screenshots of the game. Of course, you may want to unlock a magic wand to change clothes at any time.

Comment

I’ve certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this website, as I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly.

Luke,

Comment

It was developed from indigenous fighting methods | New Jersey Wedding

Comment

You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write.

canberra bore water

Comment

The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.

automatic gates sutherland

Comment

informative content

Comment

Haritha Ayurveda is a Best Ayurveda Center In Rishikesh, India offers authentic Ayurvedic services and traditional education. Our Academy offers one of the best Ayurveda treatment in India. Contact now for Panchakarma Treatment In Rishikesh.

Comment

Jskilz Global is a leading medical recruitment agency in UK. Jskilz helps skilled medical professionals all across the world to get jobs in UK/UAE at best suited work place. We are hiring candidates those are looking for uk nurses jobs

Comment

Aquí encontrará el Teléfono Volaris así como canales de información adicionales en la web y redes sociales. Puedes adquirir servicios para colaborar con Volaris Airlines y conocer la gran variedad y beneficios de cada servicio.

Comment

A one-stop solution for all healthcare-related assignments, our team of professionals delivers high-quality Healthcare Assignment Help services, plagiarism-free, and timely assignments that reflect the latest trends and research. We cover a broad spectrum of topics, from healthcare management to policy analysis, ensuring you meet deadlines and excel in your studies. Our commitment to your success ensures that you can unlock the door to academic excellence.

Comment

In today's digital age, online transactions have become an essential part of our lives. We shop online, pay bills, and send money to friends and family electronically. However, with the rise of online transactions, the need for secure payment systems has also increased. PayPal is one of the most popular online payment systems that offers secure and convenient payment options for individuals and businesses worldwide.PayPal Login

MetaMask is a digital wallet launched in 2016 that store cryptocurrency based on Ethereum and Ethereum-compatible tokens. The wallet currently has more than 10 million active users. The wallet is available for both the devices computer and mobile.
                            MetaMask Extension

Comment

Luno is an easy crypto investment app for all. The platform makes it safe, secure, and easy to analyze, purchase and store cryptocurrency. The main motive of Luno is to give all the power of cryptocurrency to everyone's hands. All this indicates that it helps you to finalize for yourself where, how, and when to invest your crypto to get more profit. Luno Login | Luno Login

Comment

Working...
                              X