9/11 again today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 again today

my stepmother actually lived through both WTC attacks, the 93 one and 9/11.
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

I have friends that survived both as well. Others not so lucky though.
      practice wu de

Comment

Interesting that there was no "anniversary" bombing anywhere. Kind of makes you wonder what these guys are up to. Or, if our government finally has some sort of control of the situation. I really expected some **** to go down.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

There were a bunch of bombings in Iraq.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I think that the admin is truthfull in saying that Al-queda's network is in ruins. The few terror attacks, excepting Iraq appear to be isolated incidents. Although maybe the groups responsible for them have or had ties to Al-queda, the size and scope of the attacks aren't as huge and noteworthy as Al-queda's usual attacks. With binnie in hiding or running, he and his lieutenants are finding it hard going. He must have not learned that part of history wherin if you attack the U.S.A., we'll spend any amount of time and money and resources to get you for it.

Comment

if you're a terrorist right now, it just doesn't make sense, strategically, to stage an attack in the US right now, at least for any purpose other than gaining credibility for your particular faction.

in the immediate sense, it's infinitely quicker and cheaper to stage an attack in iraq, and has a much greater chance of success. also, with the US presidential elections coming up soon, and one of the candidates pledging to get our troops out of there as soon as possible, every new spout of violence is perceived as another step towards the goal of getting the US out of iraq entirely. and honestly, i would say that that perception is accurate. the worse they make the situation in iraq look, the more likely we are to vote for kerry, i think.

a successful attack in the US or on one of our allies on the other hand would probably have the opposite effect. americans who still feel vulnerable to a big terrorist attack at any moment are more likely to vote for bush, and bush wants us to stay in iraq.

i suppose it's all about perception when you're at war with a democracy...

Comment

Zach, your whiskey haze has granted you a clarity of vision which many will never obtain.
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

i'll drink to that.

Comment

Genius!

Comment

And so was Russia....

With that, there is another ugly situation, that has blown up in the faces of some...
                      practice wu de

Comment

How do you mean?

Comment

Have you not watched the news the last few weeks....

all the fighting with the Chechnyene's (I have no idea how to spell that)

I don't mean that they were and now they are not.. just that some refuse to look at what is happening there as terrorism, whether they have a good cause or not...
                          practice wu de

Comment

Oh, ok. yea i agre with you. but actually, i understand that the Chechens denied responsibility or any connection with the people who comitted that hellacious act at the school in Russia...that's why the Russian leadership is pointing at Al Quaeda.

But yea, i also kind of see this phobia people tend to have when it comes to calling terrorism what it is.

Comment

Well there was that... the two planes, the theater not too long ago, etc.

I wish I had time to read up more. I remember an article in the last two years in Stuff or Maxim or FHM or well one of those almost mags... anywho, it was an interview with a guy who fought with the Chechens... gave their perspective... good read (considering).
                              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                              X