Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wendy's Mystery Solved

Finger in Chili Came From Nevada Man

After two months of confusion and accusations, the finger in the chili mystery is solved. A local couple is accused of planting the finger. The announcement came after weeks of investigation in Las Vegas, San Jose and even Mexico.

San Jose's police chief says they've figured out whose fingertip was in that bowl of Wendy's chili -- a man from Nevada.

Chief Robert Davis, San Jose Police Department, said, "It was determined that he lost a portion of his finger in an industrial accident in December of last year and that he is an associate of James Plasencia, the husband of Anna Ayala."

Ayala is the woman who adamantly claimed to have bit into the finger in a cup of chili at a Wendy's in San Jose. But authorities believed it was a hoax. And Ayala, who has a history of filing claims is still in jail in San Jose, charged with attempted grand larceny.

Investigators say a call came into the Wendy's hotline telling them about the man who lost his finger in an accident last December. The mans name has not been released and its unclear who made the call.

Wendy's had offered a $100,000 reward for information.

After all the terrible publicity, the restaurant claimed it has lost millions in revenue and had to lay off employees in Northern California.

Authorities are now considering additional criminal charges against Ayala and her husband, Plasencia.

Plasencia has waived extradition and is still in the Clark County Detention Center on an unrelated fraud charge. He declined an Eyewitness News request for comment on Friday's developments

San Jose police were in Nevada on May 12th and determined through DNA testing that the finger did belong to the man.

Since the Ayala case has cost the Wendy's restaurant chain millions of dollars, they're trying to win customers back this weekend.

The hamburger chain is giving away free junior Frosty desserts.

Wendy's gave away 100,000 a couple of weeks ago in the San Jose area where Ayala claimed to have found the finger. This weekend the company will spread the giveaway nationwide.

Chili Finger Tipster Talks

On Friday, Eyewitness News tracked down the man who tipped off police to the origin of the finger. He says both Anna Ayala's husband and the man who lost his finger worked for him at his Las Vegas business.

It's likely that the finger came from a man who worked at Lamb Asphalt near Losee and Cheyenne. The worker's finger was cut off in an accident. The company president is the one who called the tipline that has led to recent developments. He spoke with Eyewitness News in an exclusive interview.

News of a Las Vegas woman finding a finger in her Wendy's chili captured national attention more than a month ago. Authorites believe the one and a half inch finger tip was planted, and now there is evidence they might be right. DNA tests prove the finger came from a worker at Lamb Asphalt.

Mike Casey said, "I said it was ironic and coincidental, but I said the fellow you arrested works for me. I had a fellow lose a finger in an industrial accident."

Company president Mike Casey says he called Wendy's tip line last week. One of his employees who was recently arrested was Jaime Plasencia, Anna Ayala's husband. There was also an accident resulting in another employee's finger getting chopped off.

Casey says the accident occurred at his business, Lamb Asphalt, last year. He says one of his workers was handling some equipment when he lost a fingertip. That worker was rushed to the hospital. The finger tip remained there initially, but it was given back to the worker.

Casey adds, "From that point, no, I absolutely know nothing about the fingertip from that point on."

Casey says he never heard any rumors among employees about a plot to rip Wendy's off.

Ironically, Lamb Asphalt maintains the parking lots at local Wendy's and that relationship sparked Casey's actions. "And if we can help them solve the issue that cost them a lot of money and P.R. problems, we are more than happy to do it and it is our community duty to do what we can."

Casey said Plasencia had a reputation as a good worker and that the employee who lost his finger is a long-time valued worker. So, he is really hoping he was not involved in any plot.
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

lol, I guess the only thing left to do is wait for this lady to release a book about the Wendy's and governments conspiracy theory against her.
      practice wu de

Comment

Working...
      X