No announcement yet.

Scientology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, actually, I'm not criticizing them. It would be a waste of time. But I bring this up because I think it's a very educational concept to talk about.

There's a lot to be learned from this behavior.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

• what about this behavior

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia-pacific/60302.stm

betcha didnt know about that...filthy bastards..

Comment

• Stones are essential for penguins to build their nests. A shortage has led to the unorthodox tactics.

All of the female penguins Dr Hunter observed trading sex for stones had partners.
        Penguins stick to the same mate, she said, but none of the males twigged what was happening.

"There was no suspicion on the part of the males. Females quite often go off on their own to collect stones, so as far as the males are concerned there is no reason to suspect."

On some occasions the prostitute penguins trick the males. They carry out the elaborate courtship ritual, which usually leads to mating.
        Having bagged their stone, they would then run off.
        Didn't know about it? Are you kidding?

What makes you think this species of female is any different from the ones we're used to?
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

• Oh man, the South Park season premiere last night was fantastic. Among the highlights: "We shouldn't be mad at Chef for leaving us, we should be mad at the fruity little club that scrambled his brains!" And, as the "Super Adventure Club" leader was explaining to the kids that little energy balls locked in their bodies were the secret to immortality, they showed at the bottom of the screen: "THIS IS WHAT SAC ACTUALLY BELIEVES."

One of the kids says "That's retarded." The leader responds, "Is it any more retarded than believing that the son of God died for ours sins, or that Buddha sat under a tree for three weeks?" Then the kids says, "Yeah. It's way, way more retarded."

Comment

• "Chef" and Scientology are going to find that the power of television, especially satirical publications, can be pretty powerful. And long lasting.

This is going to make SP more popular. Chef screwed up.

russbo.com

Comment

• South Park Rocked.

I liked the part at the end after Chef was chewed up by Mountain Lion and Bear, and SAC rebuilt him into Darth Chef.
              I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
              "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
              "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
              "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

• WTF did you get that avatar from?

LOL... That's great. the pink panther...

russbo.com

Comment

• what is "SAC" and "SP"

Comment

• SP = South Park
                    SAC = Super Adventure Club

Comment

• Just watched "The Exoricism of Emily Rose " on dvd.. ... really good relevant perspective .. based on true story a supposedly mentally ill girl dies in hands of catholic preist who takes her off her meds for alt treatment ( as in the exorcism) ... similarly to scn case ..preist goes to court for manslaughter ... found guilty ...time served at sentencingyet hadn't gone to jail for a day.. ..

Real good perspective out of it but I didn't log in a moment ago or something so just lost a really long post all about it ...I'm sorry , I 'll try again maybe later ...

Has anyone else seen it??

Comment

• Ive seen it, and actually theres a few fundamental differences between what went on in the movie and what happened with scientology:

Exorcism movie:
                        Murderer found guilty (although, still really gets away with it)
                        Future murders are prosecutable

Scientology case:
                        suddenly and suspiciously dropped
                        Scientology legally immune from legal repercussions (see the Lisa clause).

On the whole, though, I think the movie served to teach an important lesson. When it came down to it, it didnt matter if it was a Catholic point of view about being possessed by demons or if it was a Hindu or some other point of view about it (whitness Dr. Ethnic-pants with the pretty silk garments), at the end of the day the court took religious viewpoints for the garbage that they were.
                        When it come down to it, it didnt matter who was making excuses for the guy, the legal system is based on facts more than anything else which is why (scientology aside) religious figures and practices are not immune from legal liability and can still be held accountable for manslaughter. Theres a phenomenom for this: separation of church and State.

Comment

• Uh oh..

Scientology nearly ready to unveil Super Power

In the works for decades, the closely guarded spiritual training program will be revealed in Clearwater. CLEARWATER — Matt Feshbach believes he has super

Comment

• It's funny you should mention that. I've been noticing myself that scientology seems have pretty clear and definite goals and apparently good insights for individuals making their own money ... heck just look at what the Anthony Robbins programmes are doing for ppl....but he's not alone.. and not that thats the reason Doc doesn't like Tom cruise a whole lot ( ), buuut I think he's got a the few of the same ideas himself. . At least these guys admit it though !.. and considering work and personal survival helps .. be interesting to see what they have.

Comment

• More movies I'm not going to see in the future...

If Will Smith is not a Scientologist, he’s not doing much to dispel the groundswell of rumors that place him front and center in the controversial church.

Smith, who was raised in the Baptist church, recently told Men’s Vogue that “98 percent of the principles [in Scientology] are identical to the principles of the Bible. … I don’t think that because the word someone uses for spirit is ‘thetan’ that the definition becomes any different.” (In case you haven’t taken your beginner course or searched Wikipedia, Scientologists consider a ‘thetan’ to be a spiritual being — possessing both a mind and body — who has lived through several incarnations.)

Moreover, sources close to the actor are no longer as tight-lipped about his religious preferences. “He’s been getting more and more involved [in Scientology],” said one source. “And it isn’t just him, it’s definitely [his wife] Jada, too.” This backs up an earlier Us Weekly report that quotes a source as saying, “She’s more gung-ho about Scientology than Will.”
                              MSNBC ↓
                              98 percent of the principles in Scientology are identical to the Bible. That's going to draw a lot of ire...

russbo.com

Comment

• the word or the interpretation of the word

this sounds more like the interpretation of scripture than the scripture itself,

are we talking the english bible translated from the Greek translation of the Aramaic transcripts of oral history 400 years after the fact?

It took me almost a half day to read through this thread.

Holy Smokes! My brain feels scrambled.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X