Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see it now... "Upon applying advanced interrogation techniques, <REDACTED> revealed that <REDACTED> <REDACTED> with a high likelihood of <REDACTED> ****ing SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsan View Post
      No, I mean there isn't historical evidence that torture actually yields useful evidence with any consistency. I'm not just talking about our current situation.

How do you know?

Comment

• Are you saying the evidence does exist? If so feel free to show us.
        Last edited by zachsan; 04-29-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Torture is absurd, usually used to get people to confess to things they didnt do...
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

• Zach- it is very easy to sound intelligent when it is understood that the "great and boundless wisdom" we make fun of has us and the rest of the planet at our knees.

The lack of evidence you point out is the reason why comments like "There really isn't a lot of evidence for that." are ultimately as stupid as the comments they are made to counter.

On another fun note, check this out.

A coloring book that featured images of the attack on NYC's twin towers as a coping mechanism for children was removed from FEMA's Web site last week.

Comment

• Not sure what you can say about this:

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — The lawyer of an 8-year-old Saudi girl forced by her father to marry a 50-year-old man says the girl has gotten a divorce.

The girl's mother had been seeking a divorce for her daughter, who was married in August. But a Saudi judge had twice rejected the mother's request.

The girl's lawyer, Abdullah al-Jeteli, says he reached an out-of-court settlement with the man allowing the girl to divorce him.

The U.S. had sharply criticized the practice of child marriages, and Saudi human rights groups have pushed the kingdom to end such marriages.

There are no laws in Saudi Arabia defining the minimum age for marriage. Though a woman's consent is legally required, some marriage officials don't seek it.
              I love the part where the Saudi judge rejected the request for a divorce...
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

• He was just doing what's "right". At least they have that measure of integrity, misguided as it is.

Here in Oklahoma, governor Brad Henry vetoed a bill that would have banned embryonic stem cell research. While I would have done the same, I do feel that Henry himself should have let the bill pass. His Christian fan base here is pretty ****ing pissed at him.

given the average IQ of people in this state, Oklahoma might as well be proud of the fact that it is the butt-**** inbred backwards buckle of the bible belt. Because that is a burdensome thing to be intelligent enough to be ashamed of.

Comment

• Originally posted by doc View Post
                  Not sure what you can say about this:

I love the part where the Saudi judge rejected the request for a divorce...

Well im pretty speechless, to me thats pretty disgusting, but you have stuff like that going on over here to, without the judge part... Or maybe there is who knows. Every country has their form of crooked justice and officials. It would be sad if it were like this everywhere in saudi arabia.

Thats perverted.
                  "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

• I don't really understand DC. So you're saying we're all at the mercy of these intelligence types so talking about what they do is pointless?

Comment

• TEHRAN - Iran has executed a woman convicted of murdering her father's cousin when she was 17, Iranian media reported on Saturday.

Human rights groups criticized Iran's execution on Friday of 23-year-old Delara Darabi in the northern city of Rasht.

"Delara Darabi, a painter charged with murder, was executed on Friday morning in Rasht prison without her lawyer and family being informed of her execution," the daily Etemad reported on Saturday.

Human rights groups have criticized Iran for sentencing minors to death. Iran says it only carries out the death penalty when a prisoner reaches the age of 18.

Iran has executed at least 42 juvenile criminals since 1990, including seven in 2007, according to the groups which say Saudi Arabia and Yemen are the only two other countries to do so.

Murder, rape, adultery, armed robbery, drug trafficking and apostasy are all punishable by death under Iran's sharia law.
                      What's important here, is the very last comment.

Apostasy is when you denounce and leave your religious or political beliefs, in this case, religion.

Now that's frightening.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsan View Post
                        I don't really understand DC. So you're saying we're all at the mercy of these intelligence types so talking about what they do is pointless?

No. Talk all you want. But the fact is that's all it is. What you are asking for is for the government to give you evidence that it would be stupid for it to give you. So that gives you the technical right to say there is no "evidence". Pat yourself on the back all you want but you are still swinging in the dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by doc View Post
                          What's important here, is the very last comment.

Apostasy is when you denounce and leave your religious or political beliefs, in this case, religion.

Now that's frightening.

Once again, while I find this treatment of people atrocious, that is the modus operandi of their government based on their beliefs of how things should work. That's just their way of life and expecting them to behave otherwise is vane and futile. If the people there wanted change it would have happened by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogchow108 View Post
                            That's just their way of life and expecting them to behave otherwise is vane and futile. If the people there wanted change it would have happened by now.
                            The way i see it is, change. Or stagnate.

Sometimes when people want change, it doesn't happen. Oppression is real.

There is a moral standard that humanity has the ability to recognize. If not, then you should not be classified as human.

Comment

• Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                              There is a moral standard that humanity has the ability to recognize. If not, then you should not be classified as human.
                              You remember the bad guy from Happy Gilmore? Not sure why but this kind of reminds me of him.

Comment

• Dog u say Iran lives according to its belief. But there are many different ways of islam.

Iran islam is a result of what they perceive as the US support for a dictature, what for them is satanic, and the fact that USA never made apologies or judged people that are said to have supported many dictatures in the world. So for them, and many other people in the world, USA not apologizing, not judging past criminals and supporting Israel killing children is evil. Evil. I dont know if u c the problem for a religious mind. And for the mind of many people in the world.

U might say that the Iran of Shah was not dictature, that USA didnt support it, that CIA has nothing to do with Pinochet and 9/11/1973, that Kissinger was right to put napalm on vietnamese civilians, that Israel has the right to kill children... Of course we can discuss all that. But the idea that in the last 60 years USA is innocent seems a bit strange. At least many people dont believe it.

So maybe USA making apologies and trying to judge criminals might help the world to be a better place....
                                Last edited by liutangsanzang; 05-03-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X