kicking speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daodejing
    Lotus, out of curiosity, what are the training philosophies of the kfm crew? specifically in regards to this issue........

Do they not beat up trees and do taiji pushhands underwater like the rest of us?
    LOL daodejing, perhaps it's only the crazy Russbo crew that does that...

I'm just amazed at how adamantly people will defend their Charizard avatars. I mean, it's a Pokemon, for God's sake! lol

Comment

shh! it's not a pokemon, it's a dragon....

Comment

Don't talk like that about Pokemon. Most of them have abilities you can only dream of ever having. they are 10x as cool as any of you.

As for the topic of speeding up the legs.
        I have found that the basic things are the best, only you have to do them on a daily basis.
        Stretch yourself after every workout, do the splits, very important. Dont worry if you can't do a full split even after years of training (like myself!), just work on them the best you can.
        Also fine muscle power in the legs are vitally important for speedy kicks. This is an aspect of the training of the legs which in my experience is often neglected. The exercises associated with this particular type of leg-strenght are as follows:
        Do a sidekick as high as you can, and when youmhave your leg fully extended, stay in that position for as long as you can. After only a few minutes the leg will be a few feet above the floor, refusing to lift any higher no matter the exertion put into the attempt. The same goes for frontal kicks and rear kicks.
        If you train this every day, you will have enormous power in your legs and pretty good control too.

I guess the principle is somewhat similar to the process underwent in the first years of life as you learn to walk. It is a herculean task and takes much couriage to sustain the discomfort, but eventually, you will be used to it, and because you do it every day, you will be darn good at it.

So to sum up:
        Flexibility
        Strenght (acquired by the ways descriped)
        Through these two you will gain control, and thereby omnipotent speed.

Comment

I don't know if you are still looking for advice, after all that good information you have recieved. But try this out: stand in water up to your chest/neck, then do some kicking work. the water will provide resistance, but just enough to make you stronger and faster in your skillset. try that until you are exausted, then do some punching work.

peace

onefocus

Comment

Working...
          X