improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improvements

Have you ever noticed improvements by doing Ba Duan Jin? For the time I've been practicing this form every day, I've never felt anything. Maybe only a better endurance for Horse Stance, but that's it...

I'm also doing other Qi Gong exercises like three circles standing qigong or some toaist organ exercices and with those, I feel something's happening. I can really feel the Qi moving in the standing Qi Gong. Not none in Ba Duan Jin...

Tell me if you've felt any improvements with Ba Duan Jin? Any special feeling?

Thanks
    =========
    Peace out!

ba duan jin is a very good stretch workout regimen just to maintain range of motion, and to renew and stretch the muscles.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Well I feel this when I'm doing other Qi Gong exercises. It looks like the more external it is, the less internal I feel...
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

Well, if you want to read an interesting, and old, version of my impressions of qi gong, from, oh, 1997 (I even spelled it "chee", lol), read this: http://www.russbo.com/gongfu/qi_gong.htm

Amazing what you can find when you use the Search feature of russbo.com...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Interesting! Interesting!

"My other monk masters tried to sway me away from performing the Lohan drangoon qi gong exercises, claiming that they were "dangerous", and that I should stick to doing the Ba Duan Jin qi gong exercises, which were "safer". There was something about the whole mystique of the Lohan exercises that I never really understood, except for that they might be far more "powerful" than the Ba Duan Jin exercises. I readily accepted their beliefs, as doing the Lohan form of qi gong was just much too much work anyway."

So what about now? Do you think Lohan is still dangerous? Have you started practicing it everyday? And would you recommend someone to do these exericses?
          =========
          Peace out!

Comment

That is a good article doc, I hadn't seen it before.

Comment

Interesting to read someone's blossoming perspective on "chee". It makes me wonder what I was thinking when I first heard the concept (i think it had to do with flying qi balls and the vader death grip). The linked articles about Ba Duan Jin and Lohan would be infinitely more awesome if yo uhad pictures but I guess you can't give out all the secrets.
              "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

ba duan jin is very good qi gong. i feel qi immediately if i do the exercise, but i dont really do it anymore, i have to much to focus on and the qi gong that is in the iron body system is well more then enough..

anyway, how do you practice it? there are 8 exercises, and the best way really to do the ba duan jin is to do each exercise 20 reps at a time, then move to the next one. do it slow and always stretch to the extreme, those are key elements...

also if your structure is off you really wont feel qi, warmth isnt qi either, for whomever said they feel that. someone said a lower heart rate, well in qi gong your blood pressure should rise slightly maybe that is the warmth you feel..
                "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

doc, i hear ya man.

I just printed the lohan drangoon qi gong excercises (13 pages, holy crap), im gonna study them and see exactly what kind of benefits this qi gong routine has to offer, should be exciting.

also, i googled lohan drangoon and it seems that the info is unique to this site, besides those who have seen the page and copied it onto their own. Very cool, thanks.

"Penile shaped grenades? now thats a great idea!"
                  "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

and the best way really to do the ba duan jin is to do each exercise 20 reps at a time
                    Well, no. Each of the eight has a certain number of reps, usually two to three, depending upon the maneuver.

We'll have a video soon, in the Elite section, once Steve gets them done. It's on the list. Which, is ever growing...
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I first heard about the concept of "chi" as an explanation for how Ryu is supposed to be able to shoot a fireball out of his freakin hands in Street Fighter II.

After learning that it was more than a fictional concept, and some people believed it was real, I was disappointed that I couldn't find anyone who could actually shoot chi fireballs out of their hands. Such is life.

Comment

Well, when we were in grammar school, I had friends that used to shoot fireballs out of their asses.

Called them "zorches". Basically, a term for when you combine a Bic ligher with a nasty fart.

I had weird friends.

Thought I'd share that with you all.

russbo.com

Comment

Someone said it would be better to have pictures for the exercises, here it is:
                          And I believe there's a video on russbo of Shi De Cheng performing one or two movements.

=========
                          Peace out!

Comment

It's interesting to see all the different versions.

I thought this would be similar to Shi De Ru's but not really.

"What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

"Well, no. Each of the eight has a certain number of reps, usually two to three, depending upon the maneuver. "

whoever told you that is full of shit, when u practice qi gong, its better to do as many reps as possible the higher level u get, 3 would be for begginners, if you do this exercise everyday, 20 reps an exercise is how you get the best results.
                              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                              X