No announcement yet.

Russbo Thailand School: Russboasia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm coming from Canada, and they told me at the Royal Thai Consolate that if i'm staying for a year that what i should do is apply for a 90 day student visa (i can only get a one year visa for work now apparently), and with that student visa i need a letter of invitation from the "school" i'm going to be attending. Then they said that once I'm in Thailand that you and your school could probly arrange for me to stay for a full year.

Also I'll need a multi entry sort of thing b/c i was also planning on going to Ganah with my family for easter...so what can you do for me with this?

Comment

just go, get a visitors visa, then make side trips to Burma and whatnot.
      practice wu de

Comment

i was told that i could do this a maximum of 6 times (once every 30 days)....so that still leaves half a year....

I was also told that the school could make a deal with the Thai Consolate or sumthing to get me a full year visa...

Comment

Man for a trip in Thailand,no need to worry as soon as you have money everything will be fine.
          Though,I just want to say my opinion...i think China isn't so bad for the one already used to a certain life and is ready to really experiement "kung fu",hard work and achieve something true.

But it's true that Thailand is a good alternative even if it sounds more like hollidays(well i wouldn't spit on it indeed,mostly for Muay Thai).But i'm still convinced that for the real "8 hours a day of ****ing hard training in bad conditions" shaolin training, nothing is better than Zhong Guo-but not only Dengfeng don't forget it men-China is hudge-.There are no secrets...Why are these guys so good,so impressive?Training!Training!Training!(and training).

Anyway i wish you good luck and i'm sure that this place will provide you what you need...Good training!
          The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Hmm Thailand sounds like a nice place to retire in.
            "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Doc, did u get the email that i sent to your lorddocvader account?

Also, I'm not too keen on this "just show up at the school" concept... no offence, but i don't know you or your school well enough to just trust that if i show up at your school doc, that everything will be perfect. I'd like so sort of reassurance from you (i.e. specific address and phone number, a letter of invitation, some sort of assurance that you can get me a year's visa in thailand, etc.)

And can anyone tell me about visa renewal thing?

Comment

with visa renewals throughout most of Asia, you can just shoot over the border on a one hour bus trip most times and for a few hrs wait (if you arrive in the morning) , you can usually extend for 6-12 mths with very little drama. Check out www.lonelyplanet.com . They usually have pretty current info .

cheers

BL

Comment

Sorry, I've been kind of swamped these past few days, with all sorts of things. Will have to write about it one day. And I've also been having all sorts of email problems; had something to do with the hotel's proxy server not letting Outlook communicate with the Gmail servers (and, did I mention that Hotmail and Yahoo suck?)

As for visas, it's pretty simple. You arrive, from most countries (China for example, gets you a 90 day visa, but you have to visit the Thai embassy there), without any sort of visa. You get a 30 day tourist visa at the airport. At the end of 30 days, you then do a "visa run", which is either a 12 hour trip, back and forth, to either Malaysia at Penam Besar, or, north to Burma near Ranong. You go across the border, say hi to the terrorists or drug runners, and come right back. Thailand automatically gives you another 30 days.

Legally, you can do this up to six times. At this point, you can either try to get away with 7, 8, and 9 times, and, more than likely, be successful, or, take a vacation for a week in Singapore, Hong Kong, Bali or whatever, and come back and do your next six months the same way.

As far as letters and long term student visas, I'm not sure, as we have not done that before, and, I've never seen anyone do it. But, we can try.

Now, a few other things before anyone starts heading down here. We've had some changes here, which is one of the things that has been keeping me god awfully busy. For one, we've moved our facilities to a more modern one, which we're in the process of building out now. And, we're getting a team of Muay Thai ex-champions to teach at the school, instead of the one boxing coach that I've been using for the past couple of years. Some "issues" have arisen, and I've decided that it would be better for our students to make some "changes". This was very unexpected, and it has caused some problems, which we are rapidly overcoming.

We have a Shaolin based teacher living here, but we're in the process of getting another one down here soon.

(Shi De Cheng might be here in August; he's told me that he wants to come, but, I'm not sure if I'm going to be here or in the US at that time, which will dictate where he goes....)

We have a fantastic Chinese language instructor ready to teach. We just lost our Thai language instructor, because her original job got her transferred back to Bangkok. She worked in the airline industry, and because there are basically very few tourists coming here, they've cut back the flights to Phuket. Which, alternatively, means that you can find some incredibly cheap deals on flights, if you look. And, I can arrange awesome deals at some of the better nearby hotels because of the hurting economy.

Our housing is ready to go, but, we have to finish up our new training area. We're waiting for the satellite television and phone line / ADSL to be installed. So, if you're thinking about coming down, make sure that you get in touch with me before you do. Want to make sure that everything is hunky dory first.

Sorry about all of this. It really was beyond my control. It also makes for one hell of a story about "asian culture", which, I'll get too soon.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Teaching english in China we have schools do the same thing for ourselves but for work visas. It is an official letter of invite but it needs to be applied for through the PSB or whatever govt municipal agency they have there. The govt then sends an invite out to the person or gives you a document stamped with govt seal to pass on to include in the application.
                    Also makes the invitee responsible for them while there.

BL

Comment

Visa issues and other things are far more relaxed here in Thailand, than they are in China. Which, is just one of the great things about this place.

Not sure if they allow superwomen from down under into the country though. I think they had enough after that last Australian came through...

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Doc, the employers and schools in taiwan seem to do the same thing. The good part is no one is forced to do visa runs.

g
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

We'll be more than happy to provide a letter to anyone that needs it. We've worked with the Thai embassy on other issues, without any problems. And, I have friends in local government and immigration, which, is probably more helpful than anything else....

Just contact me directly.

We're getting our "unexpected issues" worked out here. Building a new gym, with some professional level weight lifting equiptment now. And, new bags, etc, etc. Gonna take a little time to get it all together, but it's working out nicely.

russbo.com

Comment

How about superaverage overacheivers ???????????

Originally posted by doc
                            Visa issues and other things are far more relaxed here in Thailand, than they are in China. Which, is just one of the great things about this place.

Not sure if they allow superwomen from down under into the country though. I think they had enough after that last Australian came through...

..............bugger ha!! Even the governments quake in fear ha ???? Sweet as and thx for the heads up. Guess I'll just have to see you all in hell then ( and failing that, Dechengs or somewhere else martially endowed might do aswell )

cheers

BL

Comment

Steve's Favorite Views of Thailand....

Wish I could be back on the beach, why did I leave?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Steve; 06-10-2005, 07:36 PM.
                              I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                              "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                              "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                              "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Coyote Ugly, Thai style...

Nice pics Steve...
                                practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                                X