No announcement yet.

Have you ever used your kung fu in a real fight? Did it work? Please share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what Chicken is talking about is the no mind.

like when you suddenly realize you are home but can't remember the whole drive, or my better example is when you are playing video games. Tetris does the trick for me. Suddenly I will be at level 16 and dropping bricks like there is no tomorrow, but as soon as I step out of the no mind and decide where to put the bricks I lose. Fights can be like that too. Adrenalin kicks in and blah blah blah.

when yan ming did the experiments with Ohio pain lab it was clear he was zoned. but I don't think that has much to do with fighting competitively.

zach- I don't buy the fear of losing money losing students argument either about why they do not enter ufc comps. plenty of people lose in the ring and retain students.

frankly, i just don't see a guy like de yang developing any kind of interest in that. partially because it would be like cops forming up a copping competition to "test" themselves and entering it to satisfy the curiousity of an audience who does not really concern them...

a cage fight came out of kingston once. someone said to me why don't you join the fight. I replied why don't you cause trouble at the club? personally I am not going to introduce myself to situations that are superfluous when life has enough opportunities that come unbidden.
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Very interesting all of this. I thank everyone for sharing their experiences. Zachsan i'm totally with you on everything you have said. I too happen to be quite sure the so called shaolin monks would not dare enter a ufc ring. They know they would loose. They make their money by tricking westerners into believing they are dealdy warriors who choose never to show it off, well braking bricks and sticks in exhibitions and jumping around all that is okay to show but not the actual fighting. That is really strange to a lot of people. Not to me- they cant fight - thats it. You must not waste to much energy on some people. They want and need to believe in their shaolin gods who as we have read can enter special states of mind where they cant ceep to rules and just become unstoppable! My GOD MAN where do they get these things??? oh from shaolin ofcourse. hahahahahahahahaaaa.

Very interesting thing was mentioned. I have seen the same fenomena. Even if you practice applications or spar a lot in the real fight everything changes. Thai boxers dont stand around kicking legs like in the ring and so on. people go berserk, well some do others just freeze up and get beat down. I have seen examples of both. I have however also seen someone use their technique. I have done it myself a couple of times and its not easy- first real fight i took three direct punches right to the eyes before i could even react- that incident was a real wake up call and i stardet training more seriously. The fright of someone trying to kill you is not easily dealt with its nothing to play with- you better be really prepared!!!!! I have friends whom i have seen use their brazilian jujitsu too, with succes. Using MA techniques is a very cool thing if you get good enough, which anyone can with the right training. I even got applause once after taking down a guy in a bar with a very simple and direct technique. shaolin gong fu is no magic, given that you know the real thing, many techniques are simple and brilliant. thats how i took down that looney who was bigger than me, i myself am not a small guy but he was bigger and the people who witnessed the insident were impressed. I have been in many fights over the years and my training has allowed me to maintain a greater degree of control than normal people who go berserk and cant stop kikcing the opponent even when he is down.
      My gong fu gives me great self confidence, peace of mind and calmness. I wish that all who read this attain this level- its not like some masters say- you dont have to train ten years or more to get good. You need only the real deal! If you train the wrong way ofcourse it will take you twenty years to develop. Those who tell you that you need five years of training to become effective in defending yourself do not know what they are talking about. or maybe they think you are retarded. I think we all know people who do not even train any MA and are still good fighters just from ecperience. I know several of those.

Comment

Originally posted by master-lu
        ....its not like some masters say- you dont have to train ten years or more to get good. You need only the real deal! If you train the wrong way ofcourse it will take you twenty years to develop. Those who tell you that you need five years of training to become effective in defending yourself do not know what they are talking about. or maybe they think you are retarded. I think we all know people who do not even train any MA and are still good fighters just from ecperience. I know several of those.
        I'm glad to hear you have learned alot of your experiences. I hope you don't think you have reached some pinnacle of your training though. Taking out some drunkards at bars and random street fights is great and all but I will say this with confidence that your techniques are probably not polished. It does take a great amount of time (more than 5 years or decades) to make your techniques effortless. Sure you are strong now and you can muscle through your techniques but what happens when you are older? or injured? you can't rely on your youth forever.

and in regards to your comment about the "monks" I agree. I'm sure everyone one on this site will agree with their falseness. But they are in it for the business what can you expect. However there are others that are what they say they aren't and don't need to prove themselves in a cage match.

Although this competition is pretty sweeet!
        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Chuck Norris presents: WCL

Wow, he's even got a Total Gym ad...hahahahhaha

This looks interesting. The regional teams thing seems backwards, and it looks like it could devolve into some kind of American Gladiators thing...

Back to the subject, though, I do believe it takes years of training not to execute the techniques, or to become a superb combatant, or even to flow effortlessly. I think the true benefit comes from years of training and testing to attain the mindset and the insight of a master. Being a master isn't just about kicking the shit out of anyone, it's about kicking the shit out of your"self" -- and winning. Of course, the combat applications will be there and you'll still be a huge badass.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

by tetsumaru -Taking out some drunkards at bars and random street fights is great and all but I will say this with confidence that your techniques are probably not polished. It does take a great amount of time (more than 5 years or decades) to make your techniques effortless. Sure you are strong now and you can muscle through your techniques but what happens when you are older? or injured? you can't rely on your youth forever.

Dear friend- You dont know how I execute my techniques. You know nothing of my age, people i've been in fights with etc. I have not stopped training just because i feel confident. You know nothing of the amount of time i spent polishing my techniques. The confidence makes me train even more so do the health benefits included in xinyi training. You dont need to ride down on my presumed skills what i have said poses no threat to you. You do not need to tell me my technique is not perfect even if you dont know dick about them! Dont be a hater. Reconise that some are good at what they do and do not need to spend the same time training as you or I, Just like in school some learn to read and wright quickly and some slowly. Both groups can become expert wrighters, some faster than others some need more work than others but still they can all get good. Some spend almost no time learning to play the piano but are still better at it than I can ever hope to be no matter how much i try.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken
              Its also the case that psychopaths have a vagus nerve response that suppresses arousement, so that in a stressful situation, their blood pressure doesn't rise it actually lowers. This means they can focus all their attention on their outside environment.

Chicken
              psychopaths aint the only ones that can do that, you can also achieve a similar mindstate through conditioning and training.
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I'm starting to suspect that Happeh and Master-Lu could be related...

Chicken

Comment

I concur chicken. Very astute of you. You may now resume picking the yard for grasshoppers.
                  Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Who is Happeh and what makes you think i have anything to do with him? Is he somenone who just like me does not share your shaolin- fundamentalist views? Someone who does not believe in your sect? Perhaps he could join mine- Swedish Shaolin monk - Shi yan LU teach the now famous special qi transsmitting technique!

Comment

Happeh is a suspected schizophrenic, of questionable martial arts heritage, who is known for making sillly illogical racist inflammatory posts. Its not a complement if someone compared you to he.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Oh I knew that already- anything coming from chicken must be an insult! He does not like me since i don't share his view on the so called shaolin "monks". Thank you for the information on Happeh by the way.

Comment

I have been mocking Chicken and his shaolin gods ever since he wrote that crap about shaolin monks being to deadly for the ring and them having super powers etc. some of the worst shit i've ever heard! So him comparing me to some nutcase is not at all surprising, hell i don't even blame him it's fully understandable from any point of view

Comment

the "he" you mean is acually a she.. in disguise...
                            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

by splitting and projecting your own hatred onto me and not knowing the difference between a flippant comment and an insult.

Q.E.D.
                              Thanks Onesp1ng ... what cunningly disguised as a Chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
                                I concur chicken. Very astute of you. You may now resume picking the yard for grasshoppers.
                                I mean in no way shape or form to direspect you Chicken. I respect all that you have posted in this site. I just can't stop laughing at this post. It's F-ing hilarious. The funniest thing I've read in here ! Way to Dao !!!

I'm even having trouble writing this,,, I don't know why I thinks it's so damn funny I just do... HELP ME BABY JESUS ! HELP ME TOM CRUISE !
                                "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Working...
                                X