No announcement yet.

The Truth about Shi Yan Ming & Iron X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Feels grandiose and self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    2. Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence,
    3. Firmly convinced that he or she is unique
    5. Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favourable priority treatment.
    6. Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends
    7. Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others
    Any of this look familiar to anyone?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Amitabha

I started this thread, and truly had no desire to engage in any further conversations with the people in here who expressed opinions about a person or a group of people they knew absolutely nothing about first hand....unfortunately, for no reason i can fathom, i keep getting e-mails containing a dozen or so updates, and I cringe...

i hold no illusions that this message will reach the hearts and minds any of those posting...clearly you have all made your minds up with no first hand knowledge of any fact...you have your opinions about Shi Yan Ming grounded on nothing but the incoherent ramblings of those former students disappointed in themselves for failing in their endeavor to learn something about themselves...., and yet none of you have sat down with Shifu, face to face, and had the integrity to repeat any of your slanders....or even give the man a chance to respond....keep posting to yourselves...keep enjoying your beautiful lives...perhaps at another time, another place, in another life, you will be able to see your own way without slandering those you do not know....i have no use for a forum that can post nothing but negativity...

and for the unfortunate individual who confirms Heng Yi's illusion about being "victimized", you did nothing but cement his illusion....i was there, you were not...but you know...and i do not....i can see how you assisted him in understanding himself....very impressive....

I have already commented on the the guy who knows how to attach a thread directing readers to someone else's 1,000 word definition of "cult", and then categorically attributes it to the USA Shaolin Temple, a place he has never trained at...also very impressive....

this post is not written for those who have posted.....i hold no illusions of communicating heart to heart, mind to mind with you....

i write this post for the wayward wanderer...to the person who comes across this forum or this thread, and might otherwise fall to the suasion of self imposed ignorance....

There are many doors and paths, something Shi Yan Ming teaches... The paths he knows about are not for everyone....there are other teachers out there who know different doors and paths....if Shaolin is not for you, then you should go to find other teachers....For those who think Shi Yan Ming is intolerant of different paths, different methods of different masters, then you simply have never sat down with the man, face to face, and spoken to him about the subject...

There are many ways for a person to understand themselves...it is hard...seeing yourself for who you truly are is not a journey for the weak or the frightened...confronting your own demons starts with a simple understanding....respect yourself, and you will find respect for others...talk bad about others, and you only talk bad about yourself...the world is filled with mirrors...use them, as they are all around you....but be strong to face what you truthfully see...

when you make judgments about others, you only judge yourself...it is that simple...

you have to tell the truth to yourself about what you see when you look at yourself in the mirror...have judgment, do not make judgment....those who make judgment act foolishly...have judgment, and see with the light of the universe.... you can only have judgment when you experience something for yourself, for all of the wisdom in the universe is contained inside each and everyone of you....it can only be revealed when you choose to experience life first hand...

for those who think Shaolin is dead, they make judgment....martial arts is merely one vehicle in which to practice Kung Fu...musicians can practice Kung Fu, artists can practice Kung Fu, carpenters can practice Kung Fu, cooks, tinkers, and sailors, and so on, and so on....but you have to push yourself....when you push yourself hard, you start to understand yourself...this is Shifu's teaching...

and when you are done, when you have used Shifu and his teaching for as much as you were supposed to, you move on... leave the temple, and experience your life as fully as you were capable....

that is the vast, overwhelming experience of the many thousands of students who have trained under Shifu...they leave the temple, as they were always supposed to leave...if they were Christians when they arrived, they are better Christians when they leave...same is true with all religions...Shifu does not teach religion, he teaches you how to experience your own religion deeper...Shifu does not teach carpentry, but when you leave the temple, you are a better carpenter...a "cult" that encourages you to move on with your life...to leave...to go on your own, independent journey.....go figure....(funny, but i did not see that aspect of cult discussed by the rather lengthy essay linked to in this space and attributed to the USA Shaolin Temple....you will never hear a coherent response...)

of course a small group of students do not get it...they leave with hurt feelings because they could not find their way down the path Shifu teaches...they feel hurt and betrayed...they feel like they have failed, but want to blame someone for their feelings....Shifu is an easy target....and so they lash out....such is always the case....fail to understand yourself, you fail to understand others....

to the wayward stranger who comes across this unfortunate post, all i can say is that judgments from afar are made, having judgment is something that can only be experienced...in thier lifetimes, Prajnatara, Bodhidarma, Wei Ko and Wei Neng were misunderstood by the vast, overwelming majority of those they encountered...Wei Ko was executed for teaching Chan Buddhism to a people who understood him not...Bodhidarma only had 4 disciples...Wei Ko had one...Wei Neng had 11...and yet who they were, and what they taught, was an ancient wisdom passed down directly from the first historical Buddha to the present...I feel sorry for anyone who says this is "dead", for I believe them...in their hearts this ancient wisdom is dead, and that is indeed cause for morning...fortunately, even for those who think Shaolin is dead, they will be reborn every single minute of their remaining lives, and have a chance to understand themselves better....(btw, if Shifu ever said Christ was dead, or Mohamed was dead, i would have left the temple immediately, for such would be the words of a man so ignorant so as not to be worth listening to any longer....)

but the wayward wanderer who perchance comes across this thread, listen not to those who make judgment about things they did not experience or see, or about people they do not know or speak to....or about groups or a philosophy beyond their capacity to grasp...do not listen to those who do not have the courage or integrity to sit down face to face with the object of their slander.....know that you have simply wandered into the wrong place, and go away from here...find some other place where wise men have judgment, but do not make judgment....maybe for you that is at the USA Shaolin Temple, maybe it is some other place....but it certainly is not this place.....

Amitabha

Shi Heng Zhi

ps if anyone wants to truly have an honest conversation, please e-mail me at shihengzhi@gmail.com i am going to figure out how i can stop getting e-mailed updates of the various postings in this place and take myself off this list....

Comment

Zhi you must never drink the bong water...
        The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

There is a "remove me" link on each email that you get from the forum, that will effectively stop you from "watching" the list.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Your article is a perfect article without a hitch. Thank you. My site: iRich Bingo PH

Comment

Working...
            X