No announcement yet.

Several Things on Shaolin Gongfu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mate, if you want to take movies so 'literally' then don't watch any films where fights last more than a few seconds. Calling Karate Kid a 'silly movie' is plain silly. You are completely missing the point of that film. Maybe it was too complex for you?

Comment

No, it was just gay

Comment

Originally posted by baojian
        And don't ever insult me that way again.
        Perhaps you misunderstood me. My comment was directed less as an insult of your arrogance but more of an analogy of your presumptuous superiority. I apologize if your feelings were hurt.
        Last edited by hottyson; 05-23-2004, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Its ok, I wasnt angry. Not serious. Just thinking, thats a bad way to put it, haha.

Comment

Which style of Northern Shaolin, and which style of Praying Mantis do you teach?
            practice wu de

Comment

Asking me? What do you mean what style of Northern Shaolin? Both Northern and Southern actually. All the fist forms. 5 animals styles etc. Qin Na(joint locking) Shuai Jiao(wrestling). Praying Mantis: mainly 7 star. Also plum blossom and 6 harmonies.

Comment

come on now, let's keep this civilized, people!

insulting millions of martial artists around the world, that i can deal with. but insulting The Karate Kid?

now you've gone too far... something has to be done...

Comment

What style I train in was asked. I do Shao Lin Gong Fu and Seven Star Praying Mantis.
                  Sorry I misread...

I see the 7*, Southern and northern style... which Northern, which Southern (I'm just curious)?

I've studied some 5 animals southern, and a bunch of different northern styles, thats why I ask.
                  practice wu de

Comment

Isn't Hung Gar Southern Shaolin? And didn't he say that he knows nothing about Hung Gar, and didn't he just say that he does Southern Shaolin?

Comment

• Someone doesn't know what they're talking about.... Omaronim

Comment

• 'ey, gimme a break. I'm only a dirty noobie. A month or 2 of gongfu research has left me less knowledgeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by baojian
                          What do you mean what style of Northern Shaolin? Both Northern and Southern actually. All the fist forms.
                          ayayaye...this is sounding dangerously familiar to me...

Comment

• You guys don't know there are more than one style. If you do Southern Shao Lin, you don't have to do Hung Gar. Some people don't know what they're talking about. When I say all the fist forms I mean all the common forms you see at Shao Lin. Everyone that does this style do these forms. Dogchow, don't be silly.

Comment

• Wow you teach all those styles? You must be a Grand master.

I only know 2 styles after many years of obsessive training and I am far from a master or teacher of those styles. I guess it is just bad Genetics for me.

Comment

• I know just under 70 forms of northern and southern styles. That's including weapons and all the forms I know all together. Not all of them are on the list at my school. I learned a lot of them extra from what my teacher had on his list at school. He just put in what he thought would be good for beginning, intermediate...

Comment

Working...
                                X