fareheit 9/11 review - Roger Ebert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mullet man. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

No mullet? Nooo! Damn Doc, you were my hero, but now, well, I just... I just don't know... lol....
      a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

Originally posted by lester1/2jr
        ... there are less liberal guys out there in the media and many many conservitive ones...
        ???

what island are you living on?

Comment

meat man, i already said i'm not gettin into the politics. i don't remember whether the guy was an employee or captain or what, he obviously didn't know what he was talking about either way. and to use that poor bastard as a spokesperson for america and then show all the reasons he's wrong is kind of a cheap shot anyway. but what i was talking about was that "while the children are sleeping" line. that's just funny ****, man.

Comment

I think Moore is a bit more relevant in a way because there are less liberal guys out there in the media and many many conservitive ones, so he's reltively unique.
            Few liberal people in the media? When was the last time you watched CNN? God, it's pitiful.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

doc beat me to it....

most of the news networks in fact.
              practice wu de

Comment

i think a little criticism of the media on specific points is healthy, but i get wary of people like rush limbaugh or michael moore who are constantly talking about the "liberal media" or the "conservative media" to prove their points.

it seems to me like a shortcut to making actual valid points. that is, if you can adequately convince a guy that everything he sees, hears or reads is propaganda, you could get him to pretty much forget everything he's seen, heard or read, and then replace it with whatever dogma you're selling. in fact, i think that relying on either broad characterization of the media is the surest sign of political bias.

Comment

Nice reply Zachsan...

The best thing to say I guess is to stay strong and keep and open mind.
                  Last edited by meattosser; 05-26-2004, 08:04 PM.
                  a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

Zachsan That was a good post.

In reality the news media and hollywood are mostly very liberal. That is pretty much just fact at this point.

Comment

dogchow and doc- I don't mean the actual numbers of liberals and conservitives. I mean Sean Hannity is one of a number of those types of guys, conservitive radio guys. Not that he's not distinct, just that it 's easier to lose him in the shuffle, whereas Michael Moore makes these movies and comes from the far left and oh forget it
                      "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

mortal - it is accepted fact among conservatives that the news media is largely liberal, and it's an accepted fact that the news media is largely conservative among liberals. anyway, i was talking about the news media. i'm not really counting hollywood into this whole equation, because, while it's largely liberal, it's also got lots of scientologists. i think that should just kinda disqualify it from intelligent conversation.

Comment

I just like how much the media, complains about the media...

I listen to talk radio, get sick of it a lot of the time because of the conservative guys who are in the media, blasting the media (meaning the media on the left).
                          practice wu de

Comment

Are you saying it is a fifty-fifty split? The media is mostly liberal. I don't think you have a leg to stand on here.

Comment

well you're right, i don't really have anything to support my previously stated opinions about the media, because i never previously stated any opinions about the media. hehe...

my point is not that our media is wonderful, neutral and 100% objective, or split down the middle, but that i'm skeptical of those that make broad generalizations about it. that's all i said.
                              Last edited by zachsan; 05-27-2004, 07:28 PM.

Comment

michal moore is a bigger celebrity than Sean hannity. Can we agree on that?
                                "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

Working...
                                X