Thoughts on war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world is fine the way it is.

Interesting commentary. From the rest of your statement, it appears that you think this is a regular, routine thing. That there is always corruption. And war. And "**** happening". That the world has always had this. And, always will.

I agree. But, we're not talking about whether or not it is present. We're talking about degrees of severity. And I think, that now, we've got some serious problems worldwide. Issues that have to be dealt with, either by force, or by diplomacy.

The terrorism stuff has never been an issue as it has to this degree. And, more important, the potential of modern day terrorism has never been witnessed by any population in the history of mankind. We're dealing with a whole new beast now. And, it's a scary one.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

• The weapons we fear most are those which we created with our own hands.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

• i guess you could argue this for both sides, but i just had an interesting thought reading that last post,

a weapon in a mere instrument before someone uses it; dont fear the weapon- fear the culprit.

Comment

• by the way....are there any weapons we use today which we have NOT created with our own hands?

Comment

• yeah, they're still attacking police in palestine with rocks

But my point was more specifically, that a man fears most the weapons he himself has created. A swordsmith fears being cut down. An explosive manufacturer fears being blown to bits. This nation fears most the weapons it has created, namely nuclear weapons, biological weapons, and nerve agents.

Let's all hope nothing terrible happens in new york on monday......

Comment

• forgot about this crazy thread..hmm

the groton pd are a bunch of ****s espcially emery and sanchez, they can rot in hell

and nlpd can jump right along on the bandwagon of ****ed up dumb cops aswell

okay..that felt great..continue with the discussion of terror!

o.O

amitabha
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

• What's so important about Monday?
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

• Doc, doc, doc.... don't you remember your own posts? According to some italian newspaper, al queda was planning on nuking nyc on feb 2. The fbi shut down the website with the headline. Remember "if god wills it the end of america is near" ?

Comment

• Hmmm.

I don't remember what I did yesterday. I'll have to look back and find that one.

russbo.com

Comment

• Are you sure you dont smoke blunts?

Comment

• Don't smoke anything.

What's a blunt?

russbo.com

Comment

• Dao, this made me think of you. Not sure why, but it did...

Little Melissa comes home from first grade and tells
                          > > her father that they learned about the history of
                          > > Valentine's Day. "Since Valentine's Day is for a
                          > > Christian saint and we're Jewish," she asks, "will God
                          > > get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?"
                          > >
                          > > Melissa's father thinks a bit, then says, "No, I don't
                          > > think God would get mad. Who do you want to give a
                          > > valentine to?"
                          > >
                          > > "Osama Bin Laden," she says.
                          > >
                          > > "Why Osama Bin Laden," her father asks in shock.
                          > >
                          > > "Well," she says, "I thought that if a little American
                          > > Jewish girl could have enough love to give Osama a
                          > > valentine, he might start to think that maybe we're
                          > > not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little
                          > > bit. And if other kids saw what I did and sent
                          > > valentines to Osama, he'd love everyone a lot. And
                          > > then he'd start going all over the place to tell
                          > > everyone how much he loved them and how he didn't hate
                          > > us anyone anymore."
                          > >
                          > > Her father's heart swells and he looks at his daughter
                          > > with new found pride.
                          > >
                          > > "Melissa, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever
                          > > heard."
                          > >
                          > > "I know," Melissa says, "and once that gets him out in
                          > > the open, our soldiers could blow the **** out of him."

russbo.com

Comment

• Gah, that's a horrible punchline on a good story. It is a funny punchline though.

Comment

• Wow. From love thy neighbor, to one shot one kill. Nice.

Comment

• well, it ends well...

Comment

Working...
                                X