• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogchow, are you an angel?
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

• Originally posted by doc
      doc is proud. As usual.

Another very dangerous practice. Sauna's, in safe doses, are safe, and beneficial. But, one could easily see how these people could over use this activity....
      exactly.. extreeemly potentially dangerous and therefore we should line them all up and unleash a firing squad !!... evil demented and deranged... glad u picked that up.

Comment

• I'm glad you did it -- a refreshing, welcomed breath of fresh air. because with the existance of such notions... there should ultimately be room for more communication over the topic like you've attempted. it amazes how quickly people pick up the gospel and start their preaching.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus
          exactly.. extreeemly potentially dangerous and therefore we should line them all up and unleash a firing squad !!... evil demented and deranged... glad u picked that up.
          BLT- my point is not to illustrate that followers of scientology need be shunned or put in front of a firing squad. I do, however, feel that the church of scientology should be held accountable for its dangerous (even fatal) manipulation of people's trust. And the fact that I am clearly biased against them does not change the following:

when confronted with reason, and are not allowed to use mediocrity as a means of escaping in-depth explanation, they get offended and/or lie.

they claim knowlege about things they dont understand.

their logic is inconsistent. This is important. logic is not as flexible as i think these guys want to believe.

their grasp on the nature of knowlege is weak at best, yet they are the "study of knowlege".

What interets me most as a degree-holder in Biology and a pre-Vet major is these guys' claims of medical and biological knowlege. At the very best, they make people think that sitting in a sauna will detoxify them from all the pills and medication they had been taking until that point.
          Fine, at that point theyre just being made fools of. Anyone with a 9th-grade level of knowlege (or lower if you live outside the states) should be baffled by the thought that all your toxins are stored in your fat tissue much less that sweating will somehow detoxify you.
          Then, there's the extreme cases. The cases where they yank people out of hospitals after medical examiners conclude that they are, aside from a being a little emotionally upset, otherwise healthy. They hold the person against their will for 17 days, forcing them to undergo a treatment that is not only dangreous, but immune from legal retaliation should it fail.
          People die in hospitals every day. We all know that. but you should think about how this person died. She didn't die in the middle of a risky surgery. she didn't die because she got sick from someone else in the building.

to illustrate my point, people who die in hospitals dont look like this:
          http://www.whyaretheydead.net/lisa_m...psy/index.html

She died because she was isolated and mistreated on a level that was so obvious it should have made her captors' heads spin. I have dissected human corpses that looked in better condition than it appears she looked like before she even died. And these are the people who dont trust psychiatrists.

The sad thing is, no one got punished for this. I find it ironic that if this had happened to her under professional care, the doctor would have been sued, fired and possibly jailed. Yet scientology gets the kind of leniency that the Japanese got after WWII: oh no, dont punish those guys. we cant understand them, thats their way so we should let them go.

No matter how cruel the deaths (and Lisa McPherson is by no means the only person who has either been killed by this church, found dead in a basement, or committed suicide as a result of their ethics) they always manage to evade the responsibility of being held accountable. I'm sure that the medical examiner's last-minute 180-degree turnaround in opinion was the result of thorough examination and reassessment, and had nothing to do with scientology's big fat bribing dollars. Rigt, no investigation needed there- it was clearly a moment of even-handed and unbiased last-moment mind changing that eventually led to the case being dropped despite overwhelming evidence.

Because of people like you, BLT, people like that get away with doing unspeakable things to their fellow person. So kick back and relax, at least you know you're better than everyone because you are the ego-less, unbiased intellectual that you are.

Comment

• I meant to put this in a previous post and only now noticed i hadn't:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeta/scn/scans...n-Release.html

The Lisa Clause.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogchow108
              BLT- my point is not to illustrate that followers of scientology need be shunned or put in front of a firing squad. I do, however, feel that the church of scientology should be held accountable for its dangerous (even fatal) manipulation of people's trust. And the fact that I am clearly biased against them does not change the following:

Because of people like you, BLT, people like that get away with doing unspeakable things to their fellow person. So kick back and relax, at least you know you're better than everyone because you are the ego-less, unbiased intellectual that you are.
              I'm not reeally going to get into with you because it's not really going to make any diffrence to what ppl are perceiving how, but the point DC is that ppl do judge ppl on the most riduclous points .. i think it's called a bann wagon. .. apart from that, u can just think whatever ya like.

Comment

• And my point is that at some point apologetics and bigotry are often disguised as sympathy and evenhandedness.
                But hey since what we say dosen't make a difference in what people think, we should all just shut up and let this keep happening. I mean, what am i worrying about. It's not like Hitler was able to control a whole country and murder millions with rhetoric and pseudo-science. Its not like the Chinese destroyed incomprehensible amount of irreplaceable culture under the auspices of their "own" government and today have to settly for fabrications. And its not like greedy businessmen from China come to America wearing orange robes and a fake monk label to prophit off an ignorant crowd. I'm sure that if everyone knew these things were going on, it would still have happened anyway, so what is the point of critical analysis?
                I guess I should just quit while I'm ahead because someone's feelings might get hurt.

And as I said, the fact that I am clearly biased against these guys does not chance the facts.

Comment

• DC, we have all the Lisa McPherson stuff in this thread, many pages back. Just FYI so you don't spend time amassing it all over again.
                  when confronted with reason, and are not allowed to use mediocrity as a means of escaping in-depth explanation, they get offended and/or lie.

they claim knowlege about things they dont understand.

their logic is inconsistent. This is important. logic is not as flexible as i think these guys want to believe.
                  Not to get off thread here, but, the Mormon's follow along these lines also. Just read an incredible book on their history, which really put things into perpsective.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

• put your hands up and give me your money or youll be depressed for life!

In the end everyone sticks with the belief system they feel to be true and/or beneficial to them. However you have to agree that some ways of life or “religions” have more flaws then others. My philosophy happens to be -(If you don't take care of your self no one else will)-. If you feel that giving money to this corporation has made you a better person in anyway, great. I hope it helped. All I ask is be careful. Unfortunately in our society Money = Freedom & Power and every time you dish out cash to any organization you are losing what you think you are obtaining.

P.S.
                    Remember, Xenu loves us all...WOG 4 LIFE!

Comment

• You might want to read this excellent post, by, well, me, who "appropriated" it from an excellent book on the subject.

Don't even think that I'm capable of such intelligence.

I think you'll find it interesting.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by doc

Don't even think that I'm capable of such intelligence.

wouldn't dream of it

muahahahha

Comment

• It's not like Hitler was able to control a whole country and murder millions with rhetoric and pseudo-science. Its not like the Chinese destroyed incomprehensible amount of irreplaceable culture under the auspices of their "own" government and today have to settly for fabrications. And its not like greedy businessmen from China come to America wearing orange robes and a fake monk label to prophit off an ignorant crowd.
                          Heh. You just went from Hitler murdering millions to Chinese businessmen profiting off of ignorant Americans. Just thought someone had to point that out.

Anyway I applaud your patience in the the adventure. I would probably have reacted in a much less productive, angry, and violent way to the whole situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsan
                            Heh. You just went from Hitler murdering millions to Chinese businessmen profiting off of ignorant Americans. Just thought someone had to point that out.

Anyway I applaud your patience in the the adventure. I would probably have reacted in a much less productive, angry, and violent way to the whole situation.
                            Well, it serves to make a point. This nonsense and cowardly restraint from scrutinizing and, yes, attacking bullshit ideas has allowed people to get away with everything from seemingly harmless business cons to wholesale slaughter. Definately didnt mean to compare the monks to Hitler, just to show that the bullshit they do can/could be stopped if people werent so callous (sp???).

Comment

• Our boy is in the news again. From MSNBC:
                              The battle between Tom Cruise and Scientology and its foes is heating up.

Cruise and Scientology have been in the news lately because of an allegedly censored “South Park” parody of the religion — and now Scientology and the “Top Gun” star are being blamed for a woman’s death.

“Thanks, Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology, for your expert advice on mental health,” blasts an ad in LA Weekly. The ad goes on to say that a woman was killed “by the schizophrenic son she was told to treat with vitamins instead of psychiatric care.”
                              Story continues below ↓ advertisement
                              Click Here!

The ad refers readers to a Web site, which provides details on the case of Jeremy Perkins, a 28-year-old schizophrenic who stabbed his mother to death. Perkins was a staunch Scientologist and his mother was a counselor in the church — which opposes psychiatry and psychiatric drugs and “believes modern psychiatric medicine derives from an ancient alien civilization’s plot to drug and enslave humanity,” notes the site.

A spokesman for the Celebrity Center of the Church didn’t respond to requests for comment by deadline.

russbo.com

Comment

• Shhhh!!!!! Doc, dont you dare criticize them, its not going to make any difference. besides, this is just some tiny little detail so what does it matter??

fruitcakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X