No announcement yet.

Shaolin Ulysses PBS Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess they never read "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" by Robin Sharma. It doesn't matter what you physically posses as long as you aren't attached to it.

Comment

Oh, it showed at 5 AM in Las Vegas.

Maybe they didn't want me to watch it....
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Dont hate the player hate the game

Hey Doc,

Shaolin Ulysses was interesting. I thought the section which you were in wasn't bad. I had no idea your house was that big and you drove that kind of car. Anyways, whoever was talking about "that little girl" better watch it. Thats my gong fu sister and her kung fu is good!!
        http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

That kind of car.... LOL

I don't drive that kind of car. Rarely, actually. In the summer you usually find me in my Jeep Wrangler. And the rest of the time, I was in my Toyota Land Cruiser. For years. And years.

But, I just got rid of that....
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

From a recent email:

Hold on, so you purchased a Ferrari that you rarely even use.

Right. Makes sense.

And you still refuse to give it up to where it can better be used. Do you have any idea of the incredible amount of pussy I could get with that thing? The slightest idea?

Talk about a waste, the pussy mobile goes to the balding old guy while the young feller with all his pussy ahead of him is stuck with a wreck..

I hope you realise I'm takin' it for a spin when I come down to Vegas - show you how a real man drives...

The sender shall remain anonymous. Besides, there's probably too many of you that feel this way, lol... Oh, and watch the real man driving **** comments. I used to drive a cab in New York.

russbo.com

Comment

mmmmm ferrari

Comment

"that kind of car"

Well, ya know I never even sat in a Ferrari before, but I guess thats why Whataburger gives free #1's to cops because we are so broke
                http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

Well, Songshanmonk, if you ever come to Las Vegas, you're more than welcome to sit in my Ferrari. In the driver's seat.

We'll even open the garage door so you can turn on the engine. I just hate when people sit in it and go "Vrooom, vroom, vrooom..."

russbo.com

Comment

I ran across this and thought you all might be interested to see it.

Comment

"Video - Shaolin Ulysses - Kung Fu Monks in America
                      The Famous fighting monks of China’s Shaolin Temple have seen a resurgence throughout the world aided in part by the popularity of kungfu movies amoung the hip-hop set and films like The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. This documentary follows a handful of Shaolin monks who have brought kungfu and Zen Buddhism to America, chronicling their adventures in New York City, Houston, and Las Vegas. Coming from a small Chinese village, they cross the vast divide between East and West. Their quietly heroic stories reflect a unique version of the American Dream, Shaolin style. Will they change America! Or will America change Shaolin? (53 minutes)English narration; English & Chinese dialogue with English subtitles."

Comment

I finally watched this the other weekend and I actually agree with something the GREAT gene ching said:

[QUOTE=doc]Gene sent me the link to this. Some interesting commentary from that link, lol....

All in all a cool show, though. But what was up with that gal that was all about the fame and getting on tv so her friends could see her?...
                        ...QUOTE]

Although I wouldn't call the little girl a gal but she seemed obsessed with becoming famous. Like it would justify her meaniless existence.

My girlfriend said she hated you, Doc. Which sounds funny coming out of her mouth. Im sure its for all of the same reaons you have heard before. I didnt know about shi de shan really before I watched this and now I feel I might be interesting to train with him.

Anyway the film-makers that made this were amateur at best and their awful picture at the end of the rolling credits was dumb. I wish I had someting more substantial to say about them but all I know or care to know of them is this movie and how much it sucked and could have been better if they didnt make it.

Oh that's hilarious to me that Shi Yan Ming didnt want to be in it. I wish him and Goulin would just fight already. Why does goulin not use his buddhist name yansi(?)? is it becuase he was kicked out of the temple? or do you get special name after you rub elbows with YX?
                        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Yanming wanted money. They wouldn't pay him. They paid Guolin.

The film makers were "amateur". It was Martha's first production. I love her to death, she's an awesome woman, but this was her first one. I'll write about it someday.

And your girlfriend is correct in hating me. Seems to be a common phenomena these days.

russbo.com

Comment

htf did i miss it if it was on pbs, dmmit all.;..
                            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

guolin uses guolin because he was a monk before he went to shaolin...
                              practice wu de

Comment

He has a "history" which is quite interesting, and not well known, before his short stay at Shaolin.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X