No announcement yet.

Living in the Ghetto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither Russia or United States was pure evil or other such nonsense. Both sides had good people and patriots, but both sides also had some bad people with their own agendas. Both sides used the media as propoganda to scare the crap outta each other's peoples. Both sides eventually seeked excessive riches and exploited poorer, third-world nations in favor of their own greed.
    lol... yeah, and one was communist.

i think our foreign policy today is alright, it's just that the world today is a little ****ed up. we leave the middle east alone, we run the risk of nukes in new york. we don't, we run the risk of creating more terrorists in the long run. what's a little cowboy to do?

- zach

Comment

No Zach, that's not my point.

Russia over the cold war years refrained from doing anything stupid for basically one reason.

They had something to lose.

Just like we did. We shot at them, they'd shoot back. They shot at us, we'd shoot back. We both has something to lose. Cities, people, civilization.

OBL and these other nuts have NOTHING to lose. They can attack us with impunity. They look forward to death, much as the Japanese kamikaze pilots of WWII. Very dangerous opponents, solely because they did not fear losing their own lives. These muslim extremists have nothing to lose. They look forward to death, because of their brainwashing. And, they have no society, no cities, no possessions, that they have to protect.

This is what makes them dangerous to us today. An assailant who is desperate, who has nothing, fears nothing with respect to his life, and his family's lives, and has no worldly educational, physical, or societal possessions, is a very dangerous assailant to face.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

The only thing they fear is subway sandwiches, ha.
        a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

yeah doc i guess you're right. the potential danger facing off against the USSR was much greater, but the actual danger is greater in this case.

Comment

Just would like to say quickly that by invading Iraq, we have singlehandedly trained more terrorists for years to come...

(I know usually I make more complex, detailed statements but I'm short on time right now, heh heh.)
            a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

indirectly, maybe. we've done that much more efficiently in the past. but what are you supposed to do?

Comment

We were SUPPOSED to stay focused on Al-Qaeda, but oh well. Too late now. We ****ed Afghanistan, and before we even thought of fixing that one, BOOM. Iraq gets blown up. True, Iraq was already opressed by Saddam for 20 yrs, but bombing the **** outta the people (9,000+ killed) in the country, occupying them, then saying "You're gonna like us, dammit!" That isn't exactly gonna convince the Iraqis. lol. It's understandable. If the exact thing would happen to us, we wouldn't be convinced either. Yet even today, Bush's administration is still 'best buddies' with Saudi Arabia, one of the most oppressive regimes in the region. They're corrupt as ****, and they've been supporting terror groups for years. ****in' princes and shieks don't give a damn about their own people. They should be ****in' shot in the face.

(P.S., and why did I get McBain's picture for my ID? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the McBain appearances in the Simpsons, but why was I chosen for his picture? hahahaha, I just find that hilarious...)

Comment

I wouldn't trust George bush in the least bit now that I did some research.
                  One- He says he's christian.
                  Two- admits to being skull and bones! http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/....tm/index.html
                  Press CTRL+F and type in skull in the search.
                  he admits to being skull and bones.
                  now once you do some reseach into how many politicaians in the us were and are skull and bones, you may be interettsed in to waht the skull and bones is...

Comment

well, vote for kerry, then. wait a minute...

Comment

I have no choice but to pick the puppet on the left. Christ, I don't think I've ever met a more adamant group of politically opinionated martial artists. Things will be allright.

People have been murdered, raped, abused, oppressed, and economically enslaved for longer than recorded history would lead us to beleive we've been on this rock called gaia. It has happened before, it will happen again. Just do your best in life, keep a cool head, and let your respect for all things influence your decisions. If you're given the symbolic rite of voting, pick the appropriate puppet and move on. Welcome to the terribly beautiful dynamic dance of madness we call life. Glad you could join us. Thanks for coming.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

9000 killed in Iraq. 3000 killed here. I think that ratio is a little off. We need to kill another 20000 to make it a fair comparison. To me 1 American life is worth 7 of theirs.

Comment

Yes, vote for Kerry, who's married into a 500 million dollar fortune, and, Edwards, who's made millions screwing people as a trial attorney. I'm so amused at the stunt Kerry pulled, mortgaging his 4 or 8 million dollar house, so that he could "continue his campaign". And people fell for that ****.

They certainly do understand the life, needs and desires of the common American. Amazing, that they're the Democratic nominees, and not the Republican ones, lol...

And who's to say that Iraq won't emerge from this a better nation? Making the entire region better, and eventually bringing some sort of stability to the middle east? Don't be too quick to judge here.

Hey, Bush is not genius by any means. But at least he's surrounded himself with people that know what they're doing, and aren't afraid to do it, in these turbulent and potentially very dangerous times.
                          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                          russbo.com

Comment

I love when I here about how we provoke terrorism. We stand up to it. There is a difference.
                            It existed for many years. I don't veiw these people as victims of my government. They are animals plain and simple.
                            What were we supposed to do after 9/11. Crawl up in a hole so we don't provoke any more terrorism. Give me a break. I think we should missile attack the schools that teach them to hate Americans. That will stop the production of these animals.

I of course will be voting for Bush. Can you imagine the terrorism that would be provoked if Kerry wins. The terrorists know this leader would be more worried about popular opinion. Rather then hunting them down like the dogs they are.

Unlike the weak Spanish public, Americans will not fold under terrorist pressure. If they attacked us before the election Bush would be a shoe in. We all know Kerry is a pussy.

Comment

yeah.... you've got the wrong century for bombing schools.

anyway, i don't think you really understand the scope of the goals these terrorists are working towards. in the short term, sure, they want us out of iraq. but that's trivial compared to what they really want, that is, all of us dead or converted. these aren't disgruntled villagers fighting a secular war for their human rights. they're religious zealots fighting a jihad, and it frustrates me to no end that americans don't seem to be able to accept this.

the difference is that they don't care, really, about how much they can sway our opinions. how much does your opinion matter to someone that wants you dead anyway? what they want is continued funding, security, and recruitment from the rest of the middle eastern muslim community. most of them just want the simple things, like food, water, electricity, and their own countries. what bin laden and like-minded terrorists do is use those basic desires to manipulate the general populus, that is, tell them, "you could have all these things, if only it weren't for: americans being in iraq/israel being a part of the middle east/your governments being friendly with america", and so on.

this is how criminal and terrorist organizations survive. the real zealots are the ones in charge, but they live off the support that they receive from much larger, much more benign groups, and they stir up a little more of this sympathy every time we make a mistake.

so if we were to leave now, a typical iraqi might say something like, "thanks america, you came in just long enough to get rid of saddam, and now there are bombs everywhere and i have to pay protection to Mohammed Somebody and i have no electricy or food and it's pretty much anarchy, so i think i'll let this nice-looking fellow keep his guns in my basement." if we stay indefinitely, they might say something more like "****in americans aren't ever gonna leave, are they, my cousin was right, they just want to take over the entire middle east, and i want my own country, so i'm gonna let this nice-looking fellow keep his guns in my basement."

what we have to do is do our best to ensure security and basic needs, and **** up as little as possible in doing so, and then get out. and of course, no one really knows just how to do this, but i think that the experts agree that bombing schools is not it.
                              Last edited by zachsan; 07-07-2004, 06:41 PM.

Comment

It's like when the news had pictures of people dancing in the street on 9/11. We should have dropped a 500 pound bomb on the crowd. True you might kill a couple of by standers. Rather them then us. That is what you get for messing with us Imperialist Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X