Shaolin Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Uniform

I've been looking for this uniform for a long time!! Could you help me by finding this uniform???

Here it is:http://www.shawscope.com/36C-26.JPG

Yeah,,,, that's not a traditional Shaolin outfit, 'er, I mean it's not one of the many commonly worn by Shaolin monks, performance or otherwise.

It was probably made especially for the movie. That movie "36 Chambers / Master Killer" is a Golden Havest production and filmed in Hong Kong durring British ownership, as opposed to on location at Shaolin or even in the mainland.

Good Luck. Sorry can't help ya ! Here's a page for a cool robe, and another for a damn cool Shaolin/Wudang outfit, whatever the hell that is !, as well as the typical orange and greyish robes.

http://www.asianideas.com/shmero.html
    http://www.superiormartialarts.com/c...linwudung.html
    "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

We have some of the orange ones from Shaolin in the Classifieds section of the site. I have a few of them left.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I know this uniform was used for this movie but I've seen Monks wear them before, but all the pictures and stuff i've seen on this type of uniform has been from way back since the early 1900's. I think this uniform sort of went out of style. I'm just wondering if this uniform is still being produced.

Comment

This Uniform has a Gray-Blue Jacket with Black Pants.

Heres another example:http://wongkk.com/images-3/answers/ans04b/monk01c.jpg

Comment

Is anyone going to answer?

Comment

i can't answer, but, i can say that, well, dude... if you find that specific uniform...you will certainly look like you're staight out of a movie, which would be totally sick!!
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Since I still can't find it could anyone give me a good website where I could custom make this uniform?

Comment

Have you tried just going to a local tailor???
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

try this

good luck with the top. don't know what footage other than shaw bro. has that black collar blue top. What I have are just a pair of regular kung fu pants and the blue or grey top. Been wearing it for a number of years now. What I'd like to find are some tops with 3/4 length sleeves. saw monks with them in china but didn't see them for sale anywhere there.

Comment

Do you know where I could get this Blue Top??

Comment

i used to have a thing for fashion, before i learned what it was.

now i usually just train in a loose pair of pants and a t-shirt. its a lot cheaper and your skills will increase when you focus on executing proper technique rather than how fashionable or authentic you look when you do it.

Comment

I never post but I've been in your place looking for uniforms I'd seen in movies and in old Shaolin books. I am sorry to say that this reply won't get you any further along in your search but here it goes anyway...

I too have searched endlessly for certian uniforms to no success. I was looking for a uniform similar to yours and I came to understand that the uniforms that the monks wear change every so often. If you take a look at the pictures of monks from as long ago as 15 years ago, their uniforms are much different than the ones you can find today. Even in the past 5 years the monks have gones from uniforms similar to the one's Doc has for sale to a lighter cotton uniform that you can see in pictures of the Temple recently. The sad news is that the uniforms that even closely resemble the one you are after are the style of many years past. If you are deperate to have a close substitute, a taylor is a good bet. You might want to buy a generic gray/blue Shaolin uniform and also buy a pair of black pants. You might want to try submitting your picture and a kind email to superiormartialarts.com or jonieuniforms.com asking them if it is possible for them to customize their uniform for you. I'm guessing that won't be cheap but if it is something that you really want, then you shouldn't let that hold you back. Another recomendation... if you have enough faith in Chinese merchants online, then you can enter a search in Google using chinese characters for "monk uniform" "Shaolin uniforms" etc...
                          I decided to list for you the sites I use from both Chinese and American Merchants.

(Tiger Claw Monk Uniforms)

(USA Shaolin Temple Cotton Uniforms)
                          [vc_row el_class=”collection” add_container=”1″ no_default_class=”0″ bg_type=”no_bg” bg_grad=”background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, le…

(Chinese Merchant)
                          shaolingongfu.com was founded in China in 1996. The company has four divisions: Shaolin Services, Publication Services, Translation Services and Design Services. Tel:0086-371-63520088 Email:webmaster@shaolingongfu.com QQ:76257322 备案号:豫ICP备05004936号-3

(Chinese Merchant)

(Tiger Claw Monk uniforms cheaper)

(Monk Uniforms and general Kung Fu uniforms with Black Pants)

(Kung Fu Equipment and Black Pants)
                          Discover a wide range of high-quality martial arts supplies at Kungfu Direct. We offer everything you need for your martial arts journey. Shop now!

(Monk Uniforms different style and colors)

Thats all that I could come up with that may help...but if I find any more I will be sure to post them.
                          Hope this helps out.
                          NANMO BENSHI SHIJIAMONIFO

Comment

Dude forget about the robes, and put on a pair of workout shorts, a tank-top and train. No one's going to see you anyways, and the robe is not going to make you any better.

Have fun.
                            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

My HomePage: basketball betting website

Comment

Working...
                              X