No announcement yet.

DocTour 2004, Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc whoch two monks are going to come for the summer? And Doc Joe was a miss spell
    lil monk

Comment

Hey Doc

I am already in China, would it be possible to meet in Beijing and travel /train with your group?

Tentative only as I would need to know the price, dates etc.

snow

Comment

Sure. If I go. I still haven't made up my mind yet. I'll be heading to Beijing sometime next month, so stay in touch with me. I'm thinking about doing most of my training this time (sanda) in Beijing with Shi De Cheng's brother. He's China's national sanda champion now, and a friend of mine (so he'll be extra patient, lol). As for price, it will be what it costs man. I have no plans on making money from you guys. I'll have to head down to Shaolin to take care of some business too, so, a trip there is in the plans. Just not sure yet. I want to make sure that my health is one hundred percent, or somewhat near that (as my travel agent says, "When have you ever been healthy? Just go..."). Expect me there sometime the first week of May. Got too much going on with the school right now also.

As for visiting monks this summer, I'm working on my Qi Gong master, Shi De Hong, a 31st generation monk, who, left the monkhood, but is still teaching at the wushu guan. And, a Tai Ji master friend of mine, a woman in fact, who is quite awesome at Tai Ji (videos to come). Working on getting them here for the summer.

The only problem is, we might not be in our bigger facility when we thought we were. So, space might be an issue for the summer. Time will tell. Stay tuned....

PS DocJoe. Whoch is a miss spell also.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

hahahahahahahh
          lil monk

Comment

I thought you said it was in june not may. don't switch it up on me like that. hey I'd really like to go on the doc tour and I'm certain I'll have the money to go by then. so assuming you still go what sort of things do I need to prepare for besides my passport.
            "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

Relax. I'm going in April. But I'll most probably be back in China in June to meet up with whomever.

It's not certain yet. Give me a few days to hammer out the details.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

if you end up not doing the doctour will you still be at shi de cheng's in june? I'm just now working on getting my passport, heh heh. so what other kind of stuff do I need for the doctour? should I just follow the doctour 2003 guidelines? I thought you said this stuff would be up two weeks ago. but I understand like you said you're not even sure if you're going to have it this year.
                "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

oh I had one more question. would it be possible to stay at the school instead of the hotel during doctour for less money? I would like to get a better idea of what it's like to live there in person so I can decide if I want to stay or not. and I know if I stay I'm not going to be staying at any hotel.

Comment

A few things.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it this year. I've got some health issues with mom that I have to get taken care of before I leave the country. My health is finallly, slowly getting better. My current plan has me leaving in May, to be available for doctour people in June when Decheng is there.

If this is a go, costs will be absolutely minimal. In fact, I have no intention of running it as I did in the past. This time, you pay your own way; I'll just be a "guide". Staying at the school will be an option, as will staying in the hotel. If we don't do Beijing touring, the training costs for two weeks should be under a thousand. Not including airfare to Beijing.

I need more time here; things are not under my control at the moment. Best thing to do if you're interested, is get a passport.

More later.

russbo.com

Comment

hey I could really use some advice on airline tickets. does anyone know how I can get cheap tickets to go to beijing. should I get round-trip tickets or are one-ways cheaper? oh yeah I live in oregon so I would be leaving from portland. the cheapest tickets I could find were not exactly cheap. they were 1300 dollars. I've never bought tickets before so I don't know what a reasonable price is. any input would be appreciated

Comment

Fly to San Francisco. Go round trip to Beijing. Shouldn't cost more than six hundred to eight hundred. Try ANA, or Northwest. Also, China Air, which is direct.

russbo.com

Comment

DocTour a tentative GO.

To be honest, I've got some serious illness in my close family that I have to take care of. And, make sure that she's ok before I leave the country. So, my trip has again been pushed back.

I am thinking of heading to Beijing in late May, to train with Decheng's brother. I can then head to Shaolin in June, to visit Decheng, and take care of the DocTour participants. Decheng is expecting me.

I have not figured out exact dates, I guess a lot depends upon what happens during surgery on Monday. More to come, soon.

If you are interested in going, read the details in the DocTour section (School / Upcoming Events / Doctour). Get a passport NOW, if you do not have one. Go to your local post office for details on obtaining a passport.

More later.

russbo.com

Comment

is it even safe to go on this tour doc I mean from some of the things I've been reading a few people aren't too fond of you over there. ever had any unfriendly encounters over there?

Comment

No.

And where did you read such nonsense?

russbo.com

Comment

hmm I don't remember I think it was russ...something.com

Comment

Working...
                                X