Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you asked so nicely...

Comment

Well, if you ask me, I don't think he really did ask all that nicely. But, then again, as one of the leaders of the russbo Underworld, "asking nicely" is not part of his job.

In fact, shaolinmn, if I were you, I'd be damn happy that he asked, "nicely". Not sure if you've been around a lot, but, messing with these guys is just not advisable.

Hell, I can't even control them. And what they do to BL is just pitiful.

Anyhoo, I think I know your monk. I think I met him many years ago, when he was younger. And, when I was younger. He most definitely looks familiar. If you ask him, no doubt he'd look at my picture and say something like, "yea, another ****ing american...."

If you would like me to put him in the russbo.com monks section, send me a bio and pictures, and I'll get it up. Oh, maybe I shouldn't use that choice of words, don't want to get BL all hot and bothered. Then we'd have to send her back to hell again.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
        .....don't want to get BL all hot and bothered. Then we'd have to send her back to hell again.

hey....... don't hate on the qigong tantra ( 'oor' the iron crotch practice ( requiring external appararartus to attain the satori detatchment in the first place ) for that matter ) ! ...... Just remember , you are the one more freqently hosting the babes , getting married, hashing "love" ( rolleyes and spit btw ) philosophies ( katuwie) ( we cough cough ' buddhists' don't even believe in for those that missed it ) and still claiming buddhism and discipleship!! ...... rolleyes..... considering we buddhists like to actually retain some qi and keep a straight head, (and as wariors we kind of consider it essential to our strength and clarity and whole freakin base tenet ust quitely in case you forgot ) and sooome of us seem to not be able to manage to totally neglect a synopsis where acknowkledgement of our natural human animal nature aspect in owning our existence throughout humanity is totally feasible neither ( as in that yes we are animals ..yes we are living in human existance , yes we are totally comfortable with that fact, no we are not affraid or disgusted of what we are , we are brave enough to own it all, we like to feel our whoole humanity for it's entire purpose if not just occassionally consider an honor that aspect of our existence here and yes one facet of the nature of human purpose is having been born to f*ck) ( and the reason qi even exists ..... by virtue of having something to be vesseled 'in' and are comfortable enough with the individual intra - spiritual reasons we have to cultivate spiritual evolution and play satori practice to get understanding of directions to get there and where there is when heart strings and swollen balls are or aren't factors), it's tough ... but the work is "good" .....mmmkkk !!!

We're going to chat more on this.

cheers

BTL

[Quote ] " I'll let you figure out what you're all about " [end Quote]

Janet Jackson.

crazy pioneering ... scarry stuff when you structure your whole sanity around it's virtue???? ........ nah ........ detatchment and openminded consideration of aaalll the facts is our forte......... if it 'is' a fact and if that's the way it is and and works it just is...... I'm game..... and jusr for the record if I "fail" ( if it ever mattered much to anything but point in evolution) I'm perfectly happy to potential confess not having a god dammed clue..... and in case you wondered , suicide turns out is still not a justifiable option...... go figure! ...... dammed needy sweet touching hotties! :P ... rolleyes.

btw : mind yin excess when playing this gong....... unexpected yin demands can be a b*tch !!
        Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 09-11-2005, 01:32 AM.

Comment

congrats to onesp1ng for outing me as a cow-tipping, snow-shovelling, Miyagi-hatin' Minnesotan.
          No problem..you big Minnesotan scoundrel. I'm still curious as to what Mr. Miyagi ever did to you? Oh just go tip some cows for christ sake.

Indubitably. But, brownie points for using a big word!
          I knew someone would have to correct spelling. eventually. and, it's happened. now who wants to start with Bl's posts? Anyone? Hello?

g
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I trained a bit with Shi Yan Gao when we were in China.

He brought us to see a really fantastic piece of artwork, a very long finger painting hidden along the back wall of a Buddha hall at a temple way off the beaten track. The painting was stunning.
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

"In fact, shaolinmn, if I were you, I'd be damn happy that he asked, "nicely". Not sure if you've been around a lot, but, messing with these guys is just not advisable."

Yeah, I'll tread the soft and tender tread of a noob...

"Anyhoo, I think I know your monk. I think I met him many years ago, when he was younger. And, when I was younger. He most definitely looks familiar. If you ask him, no doubt he'd look at my picture and say something like, "yea, another ****ing american....""

I did show him some blurry photos of you from your site and he had a vague feeling that he'd seen you before - but like you said, it was more like the conviction that he must have seen some big bald american at some time or another in his life.

"If you would like me to put him in the russbo.com monks section, send me a bio and pictures, and I'll get it up."

Will work on it. Thanks!

Arhat: you said you trained with Shi Yan Gao before? Where? When? He may still remember you - do you have any photos? I can tell him you're around.

Comment

yup. I was with Yan Ming on his last return to China and Shi Yan Gao came along for part of the trip.

We trained a bit on the Great Wall, and with some god-awful chinese booze, several bottles...shhhh...don't tell Yong Xin, lol...and he was with us when some serious shit hit the fan too, but that is a family matter. Yan Gao stood guard for a spell and that is probably where he would remember me, if at all.

I have a rack of photos some place...just mention to him the finger painting, the great wall, and the snake juice.

I'll see if I can attach a jpeg of the painting, or part of it.
                Attached Files
                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Arhat:

Yeah, Shi Yan Gao remembers everything you're talking about. He remembers training on the great wall, but he doesn't remember the awful Chinese booze! It's not that he's trying to cover up drinking booze because that's not news, but he just doesn't remember.

He also remembers the family shit you're referring to, at the airport he says.

He talked about the finger painting too.

He wants to know your name. He remembers some people's names from that trip and wants to know if you're one of them.

Comment

he might not have thought it was awful, lol...I think he was the one who brought it to dinner- it was at the Mongolian hot pot restaurant. I think.

he would remember me by my dharma name, Heng Fa. I was part of the eagle claw crew.

check your pms.
                    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

*sigh...

I remember when news of a new Monk in America was a positive thing.

Comment

santa died

Yeah, it's kind of a confusing reaction actually. But as I began to read through these forums I began to understand the mistrust and skepticism. Kind of like discovering Santa is an alcoholic wife beater - it's about having your childhood ideals trashed and being brought back down to earth all too quickly by the reality of politics, scandal, money, and ambition. It's been a pretty grim few decades for the Temple, but if at the very least you can get the opportunity to train with someone who you know has decent gong fu (and you'll know if you've trained long enough, and you know enough about yourself to know what you want out of gong fu training) then that's a start IMO. If you want a spiritual guru, you might have to look a little harder.

Comment

Kinda, yea pretty much. 'xcept you dont sweat, bleed and bruise for Santa.

Comment

yeah gotta agree with you there, it seems that the lure of money is to great for most monks, its sad to see that

Comment

So what do the people of minnesota think of this "chay-knees" guy wearing pajamas hopping around like he's some kind of a bug in the middle of god damn winter?
                              "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108
                                Kinda, yea pretty much. 'xcept you dont sweat, bleed and bruise for Santa.
                                Santa won't defame you, lie about you, cause you to lose lots of money and respect in the community...

I can go on and on. And I will.
                                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                                russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X