Shaolin disciple as a career...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's official...

College turns you into a great balding old cynical, jaded, rampaging, difficult, mother****in asshole. Just to clarify that...

interesting idea though, being a disciple as a career. i've been taught by 5 different monks/disciples at STUK and you cannot help but be in awe of their skill and dedication, but i can't help wondering if by committing yourself to one thing from such a young age you miss out on so much other stuff. i suppose if you want to be the best then that's the only way but the advantage of living in a western society is that you have a lot of options available to you.... as long as you have the money

But, after having to get to know them, you eventually realize that they miss out on many things in life. Their type of existance is not something to aspire to. It's better to try to partake of both worlds; theirs and ours.
    Bam...right on. There is alot of the 'normal' stuff that's missed out on. I'm also somewhat in 'awe' of what the monks at the temple can do, but it comes at a price - I wouldn't wish to live that life.

Vince, do you not think people are capable of existing in a fully 'materialistic' (for lack of a better word) society/setting and still derive benefit from these desires without allowing them to become hindrances to their spiritual progress?

Comment

Arhat, does that mean your are the in house vaginal
      acupuncturist for the Victoria Secrets modeling staff?

Comment

I hear he uses a very fine needle. And that he gently avoids deep punctures.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

By the time you possess "supernatural" powers they seem to be perfectly natural phenomenon. I'm starting to be able to see auras, and no I havent taken any hallucinogens recently.

Incidentally john, that's not the perfect job, models don't usually respond well to people who put needles in their labias. The perfect job is being the in house massage therapist/acupressurist for the victoria secret modeling staff. Especially when you know the dirty little tricks, like how to press on UB 60 (a point in the ankle) in order to dilate the cervix and induce sexual arousal.

Maybe I should look into applying for that job when I get out of school.
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I can think of better things to stick in there than needles.

Tell me more about UB 60, sounds better than UB 40...

looks like I might have to utilize my supernatural advanced google search techniques as I am an impatient man...
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Yeah so the 60th cavity on the urinary bladder channel (UB 60) is one of the points we're not even allowed to touch on a pregnant woman, because it dilates the cervix. Assuming the woman is relaxed and in a comfortable position, it can also induce sexual arousal. But that's only if you have a gentle touch, warm hands, and you can properly channel qi outwards through the pericardium channel (which ends on the tip of the middle finger, all the other hand channels end at the corner of a fingernail but PC ends on the fingertip, for this reason and others its the fingertip most often used in acupressure. You dont even have to breath through your hands, simply placing them gently on the ankle and holding the middle fingertip on the point will do it. And whatever you do, don't attempt this with cold hands.

UB 60 is located midway between the center of the prominence of the lateral malleolus (the malleous is the bony bump sticking out of the ankle, the lateral one is the one on the outside of the ankle, and the medial malleolus is the one on the inside of the ankle) and the posterior border of the achilles tendon.

Incidentally, UB 40 is also a point which can stimulate a woman in more ways than simply energetically. I think UB 40 is located on the back of the knee, directly in the center of the polpiteal crease.

Many of the Kidney channel points on the ankle can also induce sexual arousal in a woman. But with those and all of the aforementioned points, it depends on whose pressing them. If a woman feels uncomfortable with the person whose touching her, none of this is going to work very well. So if a big, sketchy, old, fat, bald guy tries this technique it might not work so well as it would if performed by someone whom the woman can relax around.

It helps if you've had some training in acupressure too. And no offense to any big, sketchy, fat, old, bald guys who may read this

Comment

It's quite interesting how this earnest matter cannot be discussed without ending in frivolity.
                If may be so bold, I think this tendency has become rather ubiquitous on these forums.

Comment

Hey Dao, if I got the position, I wouldn't be using needles
                  either. Improvise, overcome, adapt. Later.

Comment

didn't mean any offence. i just wrote what was on my mind. i like the humor on these forums. i'm sorry *Asger smacks himself*

Comment

Just like any other conversation, these forums tend to wander topically........

Comment

I think UB 40 is located on the back of the knee, directly in the center of the polpiteal crease.

Yes, I always find that applying proper pressure to UB 40 results in the appropriate and desired response during prayer services at church. That, along with twenty bucks. Never fails. Thank god for all that acupuncture knowledge I accumulated in Beijing. Both of those points.

And no offense to any big, sketchy, fat, old, bald guys who may read this

No offense taken. I always take comments such as these as a outward manifestations of love, affection, and deep respect.

Oh, and by the way, we know where you live. Now, which knee can you do without?

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

It must be fun to have a living situation which allows you to honestly threaten people that you might "sick the shaolin monks on ya".

And honestly I'm quite attatched to both knees.

Comment

It's not the monks you have to worry about.....

The russbo clan has an ENFORCER.

LOL

russbo.com

Comment

Don't mess with The Enforcer

Don't mess with our Tonyer the Enforcer
                              Attached Files
                              I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                              "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                              "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                              "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

dimensions

"Vince, do you not think people are capable of existing in a fully 'materialistic' (for lack of a better word) society/setting and still derive benefit from these desires without allowing them to become hindrances to their spiritual progress?"

yes, of course this is possible, but if the individual indulged in the "materialistic" aspects of society im sure there is some aspect of what "normal" people do that is against the respective monastic order, therefore making the individual NOT a monk if they continue to disregard their rules and regulations, which some can say are only applicable to the temple and its inhabitants(monks) then you can also say, why are we still calling individuals who obviously have taken part in our society "monks", is it for lack of a better word are do people have a problem with sifu, teacher, master or even "shaolin master"

on the subject of the "mind temple" i dont think this is a particularly good form of monasticism, in that my perception of this idea is that the mind is where the seclustion lies, so lets look at it this way

temple=spiritual seclusion(physical)

mind=spiritual seclusion(mental)

now, in this its obvious there is a differentation being made between mind, and self which to me is unhealthy spiritualy, but the distinction between the two is that one is merely physical(secluding the physical form to better yourself spiritualy) and the other is a mental seclusion where the practitioner will see himself as withdrawn from the nature of the world, within his own mind..to me this is more difficult a method, but regardless this is just my oppinion of what im assuming basically of this "new age" idea of monasticism really im just speculating about this concept..

amitabha
                                "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                                X