No announcement yet.

doc, i wish to become a monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn this is a joke.. i really hope it is. a homosexual wanting to be a monk... the only thing you will obtain by "becoming a monk" is a few rules to follow, like NO SEX or SEXUAL DESIRE... if you are serious about this, how can you possibly say you are gay?? You can still be a monk in your heart if you're gay (just don't tell anyone)...
    If this is a joke it's a good one, and if it's not it's a disaster... what in gods name do people associate with terms such as "monk" and "shaolin" and "spiritual development"???

Comment

Actually, the Buddhist rules for a monk don't designate "no sex". The rules more specifically say, "no abnormal sex", depending upon whom you believe.

Which, Asger, in your line of reasoning, really doesn't change anything. I think few here would think that gay sex is not considered "abnormal sex" by societal standards.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

i seriously think there is more to being a monk than just rules come on.

Comment

yes there is... and a monk once told me this: It is not important to "be a monk" on the paper and carry out specific rituals or wear specific dresses, because in your heart you will always be a monk no matter what, if that is what you in your heart really is.

Comment

no 'abnormal sex'?

HA! Now there's a topic to debate...
            Last edited by cassius; 05-01-2004, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Cassius, you beat me too it..

lol

Doc, remember where YOU live, compared to some of these others... abnormal sex in Kansas is $45 in Nevada.
              practice wu de

Comment

No man, that's the way the rule reads. Has nothing to do with where I live.

And abnormal sex in Kansas is illegal in Nevada. We got enough women here, we don't need to be bringing farm animals into the equation.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

True, true...
                  practice wu de

Comment

ok so what is the more to it part? like how can I train at home for monkhood.

Comment

Well, there's always the much desired russbo.com Shaolin Monk Starter Kit.

russbo.com

Comment

who the hell wants to live without abnormal sex?

Comment

besides with purchase. and also life without any sex is nothing there is alot harder and more painful things that can and probably will happen to you in your life. i am 16 turning 17 and i do not want to have sex so that just shows you do not need it.

Comment

i... i don't need it.... i could give it up any time... yeah, any time....

Comment

Ok. I am sorry to have brought this up. i didn't mean to.
                              It's very possible i have a wrong view on homosexuals, it's just... the ones i have seen saw "spiritual development" in very twisted ways.
                              Of course i cannot know what you were thinking of.

Comment

If you do not know how to become a monk then you are not ready to be one. Are you even a practicing Buddhist? Maybe you should do as previously suggested and visit a Buddhist temple before you rush off to become a monk.

What is with all the teens and there desirers for monk-hood? I am amazed at how many of these guys think “going on 17” means that they are wise and ready to give up western material bonds and go be a monk. Well I guess it looks good on paper, Hollywood says so anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X