Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doc, what do you know about punch (strike) of one cun (inch)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from what i've seen and experienced first hand and having compared that to the demo Bruce did, he seems to be lacking an understanding of yu ma(foundation of Wing Chuns power). i've seen my sifu do one inch punch and move the other person about 10 times (no exaggeration) as far doing a fraction of the bodymovement bruce did. what he did in that video i can do after less than a year of real wing chun training. the funny thing is 1 inch punch is only a training tool... go figure

**Clearing up WC ignorance one poor soul at a time**

Sorry to seem about as charming as a box full of tacks on my first post here, but Bruce annoys..as you'll find... all authentic (skilled?) Wing Chun practicioners.

Cheers

Comment

well he should. he pretty much trained in the style and then turned his back on it and came to the conclusion that all TMAs are bull****. and wrote a book about it. and made lots of money.

Comment

exactly, and i could be ok with him coming to whatever conclusion he wanted if he had at least completely understood the system, but he didn't... so i can't. If that makes sense. It's almost as annoying as all the Sil Lum Tao(1st wing chun form) grandmasters out there that give our style a bad name *sigh* i give

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that near the later years of his life he smoked pot.

Comment

well i certainly hope so. what good is being a movie star if you're not allowed to enjoy it?

Comment

Heh.

Weird, that second photo looks like CG! dnn dnnnnn dnnnnnnn

Comment

It is CG...what the hell Doc?

Oh and Bruce did not smoke pot...he ate hash brownies instead (which some hypothetically suggest that an alergic reaction to one of the alkaloids of hash combined with a very dangerous (healthwise) and stressfull life style killed him). At least this is what I read in his biography "Fighting Spirit, 2nd edition" by ... some musician guy...

But you got to give some credit to what he did. Jeet Kune Do has some good points for "practical" fighting and an interesting philosophy (something around the best parry is an attack which parries and hits the target at same time, im pretty much sure it is much more developped than simply this, I am no Bruce Lee expert.)

Comment

What's a CG? The photo had been identified on the internet, in a Bruce Lee specialty site, as Bruce. Not by me.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Computer Generated.

That second image is 100% CG.

Comment

That second picture is from a computer cartoon video. It can be downloaded at shaolinwolf.com

Comment

to begin with for those that don't know, a cun ( tsun) is a finger width. to use this term is usually indicative of dimmak / chin na and cavity striking.

BL

Comment

Working...
                        X