No announcement yet.

dit da jow: The science behind it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he said potent herb, heh hehh heheh heheh eheheh heheh heheh hhehehehehe hheh...
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Damp heat?

Oh, well, oh forget I brought it up.

I've lived in Vegas for too long...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Yeah doc, there are only six external pathogens in TCM. Cold, heat, dampness, wind, summer heat, and fire. You'll find alot of talk about dampness and phlegm in TCM clinics, at least in this country. Alcohol causes damp heat to form in the body. Thats why it makes you feel warm, makes pee alot, and if you have way too much, you get damp heat obstructing the middle jiao (spleen and stomach) which causes stomach qi to rebel, and then you vomit up some of the excess damp heat. Hope that doesnt confuse things further.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Not exactly the damp heat I was referring to, but, informative nonetheless.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by arhat
            but for you to have a truly effective jow on your hands you need horse coin. Ma Chieh.

You can't ingest the jow made with that, as that is poisonous when taken internally. Why, I have no idea...but who wants to be the tester for that.
            Ma Qian Zi ...Horse Coin...AKA Semen Strychnii ... Strychnine poisoning when taken internally
            Mike Evans
            Medford, NY

Comment

good info, now back to my alchemy laborratory. sike, inzeresting
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I'm not sure what the **** I was thinking when I wrote this earlier, but tangerine peel breaks up chi stagnation, it doesn't tonify anything.
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                X