No announcement yet.

The treatment of cancer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what would that be, a vaction to try and block the meridian flow so he can really put his qi gong to work when he's off of "vacation"? Normally a vacation is for recuperation.
    Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

well, some of us may want to escape to narnia, but the elves in narnia would love to spend some time in front of a tv every once in a while.

- zach

Comment

I have no idea where narnia is, or was.. or why you are talking about elves.. but that is pretty much what I was saying.....
        practice wu de

Comment

shh... you'll understand in time...

- zach

Comment

Oh, right, that novel with the elves and the wonderland...
            practice wu de

Comment

well..

well..cmon doc, sifu hartwright did say de cheng had a low chi level..so geez, were asking the wrong guys oppinion on chi kung huh!!

amitabha
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

An interesting article on Buddhist meditation

Jon
                "Bye Book!" - Ven. Damo

Comment

Doc, I havn't read the whole thread.
                  but iv read the first 1 and a half pages.
                  I study psychology.
                  and theres one thing I want to say to everyone here.
                  The placebo effect...
                  sometimes this stuff don't do anything.
                  just makes ya think it does.
                  keep in mind i beleive in the mind/body connection.

Comment

we can spell placebo with our eyes closed and hands chopped off

where the placebo masters around here, weve argued that **** to death

heheheheh, i remember when placebo was part of like, every post...

hahahahahah

amitabha
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

All I have to say about this is that acupuncture and chinese medicine have been used very successfully on horses, dogs, and other livestock animals. IMHO this is evidence for something beyond the placebo effect, the horse doesn't have an established beleif that acupuncture is going to heal him. It just works. Let's remember that western medicine, placebos and all, was founded by a bunch of drugged out alcholics and opiate addicts.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

do you have links to any studies proving its effectivness with horses, dogs and such? do you know of any studies coming up with contrary evidence?

and i'm not sure to whom you're referring when you talk about the people that founded western medicine, but to me, it's more important how it works than who founded it.

- zach

Comment

Well, I don't know any studies off the top of my head. But you can search for them on pubmed.gov i think it is (run "pubmed" through a search engine) and search veterinary acupuncture on pubmed. Doc should be able to tell you all the stories about the founders of western medicine. The history of anesthesia is particularly funny. Most anesthetics were discovered recreationally, when people in the medical proffesion were experimenting with drugs, someone passed out, and someone else exclaimed "damn he's so ****ed up i could do surgery on him.............."
                          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

The history of anesthesia is particularly funny. Most anesthetics were discovered recreationally, when people in the medical proffesion were experimenting with drugs, someone passed out, and someone else exclaimed "damn he's so ****ed up i could do surgery on him.............."
                            Nothing has changed.
                            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                            russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                            X