X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will definately buy those books. thank you daodejing xiansheng

Comment

Nightstrike, just a funny question:

What would happen to you if you accidentally became enlightened while meditating? Do they kick you out of church for that?
      -Jesse Pasleytm
      "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

no, If i had a demon come at me, I would rebuke it, and if i felt strong enough I'd cast it into the abyss.
        I'm protected a certian level from demons.
        Heck my youth pastor thinks i shouldn't do chi and meditation cause it comes from buddhism/zen stuff.
        I see where hes coming from, but chi is scientific.
        I meant no offense in my response, that is just my personal beleifs.

Comment

Many Christians tend to have limited ideas about Qi Meditation. In fact they limited ideas about anything not Christian. Which is a shame because they could learn quite a bit from these things. But perhaps I am generalizing too much, and hopefully no one gets too offended.

Accidental enlightenment?
          hahaha

It's funny because it's true.

I wouldn't worry too much about what people say, everyone's got some sort of crazy idea of things.

Just so you know, you should give your kidneys a nice message after you sit. Whether you are sitting correctly or not, you still put pressure on that area, and you need to stretch and massage that area so that it does not create problems for you later on.

Accidental Enlightenment?

hahahaha

You don't even know the half of it.
          "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

accually I don't, heh.
            My understanding of enlightenment is when there are soemthing like "spirit guides" that come to you, Thats my understanding of it, I'm not trying to be closed minded, To be honest I don't understand too much of what enlightenment is.

Comment

Don't want to sound like I'm advertising here but, heh, here goes:

A Meeting Place for All Interested in Tai Chi, Qigong, Martial Arts and Self-Defense

Dr. Yang's website, filled with great qigong books, white crane videos, and Yang Style Taiji books/videos...
              a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

youd know what he was talking about if you read more zen poetry, to say the least

amitabha
                "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

The student said to the master, "Sensei, what is the Tao?"
                  The master remained silent for a long time, and finally replied, "the Tao."
                  Student then said, "Master, what is the Buddha?"
                  The master remained silent for a long time, and finally replied, "the Buddha."
                  The student began to walk away, but turned around and asked, "Master, what is Zen?"
                  The master looked the student in the eyes, and calmly said, "Zen".

If no number of words can fully explain all that is, perhaps it is better to settle on one word.
                  Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Desire for enlightenment is inevitable if that is what you seek
                    But enlightenment means no desire

What a dilemma
                    Seems to me the only way to achieve it is by not seeking it
                    If so, it can only be achieved accidentally

So maybe, Nightstrike, you should try really hard to become enlightened if you don't want it :P

Comment

there's only one true path to enlightenment... you must rock....

Comment

I must rock.
                        Your right, I oughta play my guitar more :P.

Comment

Working...
                        X