Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitamin C and its effect on Calcium absorbtion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin C and its effect on Calcium absorbtion.

So, basically this is all about calcium absorbtion. I remember hearing somewhere that ascorbic acid can/does break down in the body into oxyalic acid which bind with calcium in the GI tract to form calcium oxylate, which is excreted. Is this true? If so does this mean orange juice with calcium in it is a dietarily unabsorbable source?

Also, I beleive fiber reduces absorbtion, and fat increases Ca absorbtion, which is why dairy products are a more readily absorbable source.........

And does Ca have any effect on absorbtion of a glucosimine supplement?

Basically, I'm trying to build up my joints, and I just realized I'm a bit hypocalcemic, so I'm trying to figure out how to best glean the nutrition I can from my calcium supplement. And I already know that whole deal about not eating more than 500 mg in a sitting. And I won't drink milk, so don't go there.

Doc, miss lotus, have a field day.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

I don't know much of this, but I once drank fresh squeezed orange juice and milk in the same meal (breakfast).

I was on the crapper by second period. And I was holding it in for a long time, because I hate public restrooms-- especially public school restrooms.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiYunFat
      I don't know much of this, but I once drank fresh squeezed orange juice and milk in the same meal (breakfast).

I was on the crapper by second period. And I was holding it in for a long time, because I hate public restrooms-- especially public school restrooms.

I thought kids just smoked in there....

I have no knowledge of this, hopefully doc will chime in before some others.
      practice wu de

Comment

Not as much as they take dumps on the ground or draw nazi symbols on the stalls. Heh. Our school has a designated place for stoners, over in the residential area and near the less occupied part of the campus.

Comment

miss blooming lotus, please tell me you have something to say about all this.........
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

She's too busy describing her beautiful and perfect turds in another thread.

LOL
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Vitamin D is what aides calcium absorbtion .

I do a morning orange juice daily myself ( as a neccessesary part of my day ) ( or a blackcurrent will do ) as soon as I wake up with a multi vit because it helps my iron to absorb. I then do a black cofee about 15 - 20 mins later ( but be careful because the caffine can inhbit iron absortion) and then after I poop from that cocktail , I do my workout ( which is for up to 2 1/2 hrs for a cas commitment at the mo) .

I never don't follow it with a protein shake in milk and I do wait for the movement it produces before I shower . Because calcium is related to glyco processes and any type of strength exercise , I guess that could explain why it hangs around so long but really I don't think I'd count on it for too long after that. I do relate the combo to bowel movement but I don't really know off hand the exact science. Now that you've asked though, I guess I want to know aswell, so I'll do a search tommorow. If Doc doesn't post something for you, even if you don't hear from me for a bit, I'll get back to you on it soon.

cheers

BTL

Comment

Our loads are so great, they require two threads!

Comment

do people really live their lives this way? drinking things at prescribed times and taking scheduled dumps? i know it's all in the name of "health", but something seems, well, unhealthy about it all.

i'd love to continue this rant, but it's time for my 11:28 A.M. bowel movement.

Comment

Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus
                    I do relate the combo to bowel movement but I don't really know off hand the exact science. Now that you've asked though, I guess I want to know aswell, so I'll do a search tommorow. If Doc doesn't post something for you, even if you don't hear from me for a bit, I'll get back to you on it soon.

cheers

BTL
                    It's called the gastro colic reflex. A chocolate chip cookie will make you bake a serious loaf just as much as your properly timed and sequenced cocktail would.

But I like the way you think.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

I know ...........

http://www.affordablesupplements.com...te_solaray.asp

https://www.juiceplus.com.au/road/pa...1dee89e64a57fe

http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/a...hp/t-3653.html

If satan can restrain himself from the warning, here are a few links you can wade through . I think they're mainly re:- supplements to aide your calcium absorbtion but there is some product information and a brief onfo piece on how and why it works . I'll leave you with that for now, and we talk about the math later

cheers

BL

Comment

Working...
                      X