No announcement yet.

diet and gong fu kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plum, you sound like you're on the right track. Keep up with it. You may want to point out to this parent that new "discoveries" in diets and nutrition are often poor things to test on children. If you want to experiment with your own GI system, that's cool. But keep diet traditional and healthy for your kids. Lots of vegetables, plenty of whole grains (within reason, don't force feed wheat to someone with gluten allergies), a good amount of meat, and don't skimp on the olive oil.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Saw the kid's mom last night.

We had a nice long talk about his health and training. I was careful not to put her on the defensive about her choices but made a strong case for her feeding her son differently from how she decides to feed herself. She was pretty receptive - said she'd talk to the boy's doctor about it.

Doc, if you still have info for me that I can share with her, that'll be great.
      Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

mmm, olive oil.

Comment

I hope barbequed chicken supports my blood type, 'cause I just had some.
          Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Working...
          X