Fish oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pazman
    AND I FORGOT TO ADD THAT LETTUCE IS GOOD BUT YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET THE CHINESE LETTUCE. FOR QI.
    OH. So that's what you call that stuff that blows out of my chinese lettuce filled bowels.

Qi.

Thanks. Was wondering about that.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

QUALITY fish oil is an excellent supplement for improving overall health. While one can obtain the benefits of fish oil from fatty fish such as wild alaskan salmon (NOT farm raised), i believe supplementing with fish oil is a more feasible option.

There are many fish oil supplements available, but two in particular have the highest quality IMO. I use Carlson's Cod Liver Oil (you may also use Carlson's Fish Oil)...1 TBS per/day. The difference between cod liver oil and fish oil is the abundance of vitamin D in the cod liver oil. Another excellent brand is Nordic Naturals. The key substances in fish/cod liver oils which impart health benefits are EPA and DHA, both omega 3 fatty acids (essential fatty acids).

I recommend liquid oil as opposed to tablets for one main reason- efficiency. One tablet of fish oil typically yields 1 g fat. The usual recommendation for fish oil intake is 1 tsp/50 lbs bodyweight. For a person weighing 150 lbs, 1 TBS of fish oil will be required per day. One tablespoon of fish oil yields 15 g fat. One would need to consume 15 fish oil tablets per day to equal 1 measly tablespoon of liquid oil. Just be a man or woman and swallow 1 TBS of oil with any meal during the day. Carlson's cod liver oil even comes in lemon flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by doc
        Don't let me forget about this. I have a lot to say about fish oil; just no time recently....

I'll look fwd to your thoughts.......... then if I'm not bnanned, I'll add a few cents myself.

cheers

BL

Comment

Originally posted by doc
          Don't let me forget about this. I have a lot to say about fish oil; just no time recently....

*bump*

Comment

My gf used to take shark liver oil tablets. It made her really sick. Some gastro-instetinal thingy. I didn't ask the details after she had been violated by a camera.
            "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Originally posted by tetsumaru
              I didn't ask the details after she had been violated by a camera.
              If my girlfriend was violated by a camera I don't think I would ask the details either....
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Um, Doc..... next time you feel like getting caught up on some of that writing.
                practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                X