No announcement yet.

Qi Gong with Cancer Chemotherapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where does the article say that MS lowers the risk of cancer?

Comment

and who cares when you die, now or 50 years from now. cancer..

not on my list of things to care about.
      if you were really faced with the possibility of your own death today, your thinking would probably change pretty quickly, and you might just begin to care a whole lot after all.
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

It doesn't say that MS lowers the risk for cancer.

It kind of leads you to assume that though, doesn't it.

It basically says that people with MS tend to have lower cancer rates.

Again, another one of those studies where you can massage it's meaning. A lot of those out there.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

"if you were really faced with the possibility of your own death today, your thinking would probably change pretty quickly, and you might just begin to care a whole lot after all."

one, its not about being careless, im just well aware of my own mortality. most people dont have a second thought about death wich is evident in the way they live(materialism, status etc)

death is something i think of often, but dieing isnt
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
            It doesn't say that MS lowers the risk for cancer.

It kind of leads you to assume that though, doesn't it.

It basically says that people with MS tend to have lower cancer rates.

Again, another one of those studies where you can massage it's meaning. A lot of those out there.

Agreed. People's perceptions of the information given to them is often more influential than the idea behind the information.

Of course, this can be good or bad.

In addition, I agree with Maestro's response to the mortality comment, despite my reservations regarding it's integrity.

Comment

i think i see what you mean, but, in my opinion, thinking about death and actually being faced with dieing yourself are quite different things, indeed. that's why people who've had near death experiences, are struck with terminal illness, etc, tend to appreciate life differently, or even a great deal more, than those who haven't.

when there's an immediate threat to ones life, people typically become very concerned (very quickly) with when, how, and why they are going to die. you don't see many (that are mentally sound), who are seriously faced with dieing, say, 'if i go now or later, it doesn't really matter." it matters a great deal when a chance still exists to survive. for some reason the human will, or spirit, is just wired like that.

i mean, it really takes a certain kind of person to epitomize the mentality of acceptance to start with, right off, in the beginning. the majority of people go through stages: from denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance, and so on.

acceptance, for all accounts and purposes, is last on the list, for most, not first.

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I had a patient many years ago who was dying of mesothelioma. A gentleman in his sixties; we had to operate on him to decorticate his pleura to give him a little more comfort and time.

He was going to be dead in six months, and he knew it.

He was actually thankful that he knew when he was going to die, because he told me that at least he had time to put his affairs in order so that his children and grandchildren would be properly taken care of, and that he had the time to make his goodbyes.

It's an interesting point, one which I've experienced, way back when I had a cardiac arrythmia (during SARS), and another two years ago (from serious gastric reflux), where I really had thought that "that might have been it". You think about the things that you don't have ready for your loved ones. (I also thought about the anticipated computer games that I was going to miss....). It's a bit bizarre that you think of others when you're faced with the possibility of extinction.

I have no doubt that this patiend of years ago with the mesothelioma went through the Kubler Ross pattern of denial etc, etc, before I had my conversation with him. Many, if not most people do when faced with tragedy; it's a coping mechanism. She wrote an excellent book many years ago, that if you have the time, you should read an abstract for.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

"but, in my opinion, thinking about death and actually being faced with dieing yourself are quite different things"

thats not an oppinion its a fact but has nothing to do with my own personal interest in the subject

and appreciation of life lies within an individual, no matter how many heart stopping moments theyve had, people are what they are, imho this shouldnt even be part of the discussion and isnt what i was getting at.... anyway considering your assuming everyone is the same(sterotyping) and that if i was hit by a car tommorow and surivied i would have a revelation that OH, god im happy to be alive OH SHIT theres so much i could have done and so much i want to do like go to thailand and train my ass off and chill on a beach and get my wang sucked

oh wait.....

i can understand docs story, being more appreciative of your priorities when u have loved ones to take care of

Comment

We at russboasia will not be responsible for you "getting your wang sucked".

Just wanted to make that clear.

russbo.com

Comment

Not to belabor this point, but here's another great example of a study not really proving what it claims.

Secret to marital bliss? Don't have kids
                      Couples' satisfaction declines after birth of first child, eight-year study finds

Parents all know that children make it harder to do some of the most enjoyable adult things. Bluntly put, kids can get between you.

Now scientists have attached some numbers to the situation.

An eight-year study of 218 couples found 90 percent experienced a decrease in marital satisfaction once the first child was born.
                      Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

"Couples who do not have children also show diminished marital quality over time," says Scott Stanley, research professor of psychology at University of Denver. "However, having a baby accelerates the deterioration, especially seen during periods of adjustment right after the birth of a child."

An unrelated study in 2006 of 13,000 people found parents are more depressed than non-parents. Scientists speculate that the problem is partly a modern one, because parents don't get as much help at home as they did in previous generations.

There are key variables to note in the new study.

Couples who lived together before marriage experienced more problems after the birth of a child than those who lived separately before marriage, as did those whose parents fought or divorced.

However, some couples said their relationships were stronger post-birth. They tended to have been married longer or had higher incomes. MSNBC
                      Of course, the kicker is the last line, which makes the statement that those couples with higher incomes had stronger relationships. The news article continued along the lines that having a child can be a very positive experience.

The study might have instead proven that couples with lower incomes tend to have more stressful marriages after the birth of a child, than what it claims to be saying.

russbo.com

Comment

Can you link the whole article?

Comment

This should be it:
                          Your customizable and curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health and lifestyle, combined with Outlook/Hotmail, Facebook, Twitter, Bing, Skype and more.

russbo.com

Comment

Well, Steve Jobs learned something about avoiding modern western medicine when it comes to treating cancer:

The Associated Press purchased a copy of the book Thursday.

The book delves into Jobs' decision to delay surgery for nine months after learning in October 2003 that he had a neuroendocrine tumor -- a relatively rare type of pancreatic cancer that normally grows more slowly and is therefore more treatable.

Instead, he tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies and other treatments he found online, and even consulted a psychic. He also was influenced by a doctor who ran a clinic that advised juice fasts, bowel cleansings and other unproven approaches, the book says, before finally having surgery in July 2004.

Isaacson, quoting Jobs, writes in the book: "`I really didn't want them to open up my body, so I tried to see if a few other things would work,' he told me years later with a hint of regret."

russbo.com

Comment

sounds like id hate the author for quoting a dead man who cant defend himself

anyway, whatever cancer kills what are u gonna do

ur wife tells me she wants to come to thailand, lets make that happen

Comment

The author was authorized to write his biography; Jobs hired this guy to write the book, and now it is obvious in some videos that he regretted avoiding proper medical care in lieu of this other shit he was doing. I have a friend who's girlfriend of over twenty years was diagnosed with thyroid cancer two years ago; instead of just having a local resection of the affected thyroid, with a consistently proven 90% plus cure rate, she opted for colonics, vegan diet, and other "healthy approaches". Now, two years later, she's just completed her third surgery, one which was quite extensive, all the way up to the base of her brain, in an attempt to clean out continually recurrent thyroid cancer. Needless to say, this is not good. So, again, a situation in which you can take a disease which is potentially treatable and possibly curable, and throw away all possibility of getting better because of these non medical traditional health approach shenanigans.

And how are you talking to my wife, LOL?

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X