No announcement yet.

The dilemma of being overweight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat bastard, eh? And you've got a washboard stomach? Big deal. "I've got bigger titties than you!"

lol
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

LOL...
      They are doing a "man boob" contest here on the radio, asking if you got the giggle jiggle....If they win they get a breast reduction.
      Man boobs suck.
      practice wu de

Comment

This is the most helpful and pertinent response I've ever seen. It definitely speaks to my situation and I threw away a soda as I read it. Thanks for posting it and let's all apply this great info!
        Peace, favor your sword. "In these modern times many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use." Achille Marozzo, 1536 Donald Corey Pillow

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Citizens should not fear their governments; governments should fear their citizens.

There ain't a wrong way to do right or a right way to do wrong! Joe Frazier

Ignorance is Bliss

Comment

There's a Body Mass Index calculator that I put on the site a long time ago. I just found it, it's in Site Content / Resources / Health. Now that I fixed the java script menu, you can find these things...
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

sorry doc...

bmi charts are contraversial at best and vary from site to site in their "acceptable " ranges.....

Nutrition is a major of mine, coupled with personal training, and though, unlike doc, I've never actually been a doctor, I can tell you I've walked several folks through this exact thing.

First thing is you make the decision then you commit to it. Next is to devise a plan and go about implementing it. The longest journey begins with your first step.......

If we're talking weight -loss, there are a few things to consider:-

1. Carbohydrates ( like bread , pasta , grains and flours) turn into fat very quickly if you don't use the energy they produce.

2. Sugar slows down your metabolism and your carbohydrate absorbtion ( as in :- fast way to jelly guts)

3. Protein ( from fish, eggs, milk, low fat cheese , chicken , duck, goose etc) will make you feel fuller longer and put your body into a fat burning zone ( providing you keep your fluids up and take some wet carbs ( like leafy greens and red veg ) to aide it's anabolism ( absorbtion).

4. a small amount of activity will do your body better than a hard workout you might sustain injury from, or need days and and days to recover from ( 20 - 30 mins 4 x a week .....even if a walk, or some body weight exercise like pushups, squats, tricep dips, calf raises , some abdominal crunches and post wokout stretch session.will be fabulous and get you there in no time :P )

5. never say never , so begin tommorow!!!

6. Oh yeah, and our bodies absolutely need fat (is the good news ) , but you'd do better to not mix it with your carbohydrate where possible.

cheers and good luck.......

no doubt there is a school just waiting for you to get there .

BL

Comment

Working...
            X