Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, so maybe you are all wondering why...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observe how you are doing. How do you feel in very moment of your daily life? Be aware of all your desires, your anger, love, your joy, your sadness, your pain, your happiness. Just be aware of these things; whether you are sitting, walking, lying down, or standing, every single posture. Be aware of what is in your heart and mind; and aware of how your body is.

Whatever is happening in and around you, just be aware of that. And don't judge it, don't label this good or bad, or wrong or right. Just be aware.

peace,

Fa Hui
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Dark, that IS the point of buddhism. The cessation of suffering, now. To simplify, you realize that suffering is rooted in emotional attatchment. To free yourself from suffering you free yourself from attatchment and desire.

How do you begin to free yourself from attatchment and desire? See Fa Hui's above post.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

What's wrong with emotional attachment? If we didn't have any, none of us would be here.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

thanx guys!
          ok……….i already know if i'm pissed i know i'm pissed and if i'm happy i know i'm happy. how does being aware detach me from desire? and does that mean I won't want my overwieght wife any more ?

i've read a bunch of the tao te ching translations and chaung tzu . i get the useless tree and the cripple who doesn't get drafted. i understand about just being i think, but just being doesen't seem to do much. i can accept what is but it all seems so empty lately. maybe i'm just old and tired.

Comment

Working...
          X