No announcement yet.

New female member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first of all, I'm only curious. secondly, after you stepped in, well, i lost my luster, so to speak. but, you never know. it might work. stranger things have happened.
    Last edited by onesp1ng; 12-05-2006, 07:53 PM.
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Sorry man. Didn't mean to get in the way of a fellow brother here. I mean, it's not every day, or every year, that we get a chick visit.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

wait....you are from michigan....i only know a few places that teach toshindo. Do the colors maize and blue have anything to do with the area that you study to shin do?

I've studied with your teacher's teacher, and his teacher. For a very brief moment.

It's funny to me. You meet your teacher and talk to him (or he tells you about his glorious lineage) about who he learned all this from. You get all doe eyed and are amazed he trained with so and so. Then you wander off on your own and meet the people he trained with and it shines a whole new light on things. Your teacher turns out to be nothing more than you with 10yrs or so experience (in some cases it can be as little as 2yrs depending on the mcdojo). The important thing is that your have a better understanding of how things work and can use that to make yourself a better martial artist no matter the style. It's not all about punching and kicking and grappling, use your brain sometimes.
        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

wait....you are from michigan....i only know a few places that teach toshindo. Do the colors maize and blue have anything to do with the area that you study to shin do?
          Yes I do study in ann arbor.

You meet your teacher and talk to him (or he tells you about his glorious lineage) about who he learned all this from. You get all doe eyed and are amazed he trained with so and so.
          Actually, I didn't even know who stephen hayes was when I started, so I really didn't care. Lineage doesn't mean that much to me. All I care about is if my teacher has the skills that he says he does and is good at imparting that wisdom to others.

Your teacher turns out to be nothing more than you with 10yrs or so experience (in some cases it can be as little as 2yrs depending on the mcdojo)
          That may be true, but isn't that what every teacher is? They all had to start out somewhere.

The important thing is that your have a better understanding of how things work and can use that to make yourself a better martial artist no matter the style. It's not all about punching and kicking and grappling, use your brain sometimes.
          I totally agree with this statement.

Kunoichi

Comment

ninjutsu and chen style tai chi?

cool, good choices, considering the fact that ninjutsu should contain decent striking and grapling arts, and chen style is imo good for grappling.

are you n advanced student?
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

are you n advanced student?
              In chen? no. I'm still working on the form, I don't get to see my teacher very often so it is taking a long time.
              In to-shin -do, I am a blackbelt.

Comment

Nice avatar. Now if I can only figure out why you didn't get bumped up to Super Member.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Hey Kunoichi2003, did you see any of that "Final Fu" on MTV 2 ??? The black dude who won studied Ninjitsu.. He was pretty good !!! I didn't see any Ninja stuff though. Am I just wrong to think that Ninjitsu would have some wild Ninja moves in it or something ? You know, like learning how to strap on those metal claws and scale trees and walls !? This might sound a bit stupid, but I'm a little serious. I mean, is Ninjitsu different from what Ninjas were supposed to have learned years ago ???
                  "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

ninjitsu is mostly BS these days, especially in the US...welll everywhere else in the world too. However ninjutsu is only one discipline that a "ninja" would learn...others being taijutsu(fighting), suitonjutsu(water techniques), kenjutsu(sword), Shurikenjutsu(throwing "stars"), among many others. There are still places you can learn this stuff but that's for another thread.

Also that show Final Fu was a Joke. But at least it showcased martial arts in the main stream which I am always for even if it sucks.
                    "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Hey Kunoichi2003, THanks for that insight on Ninjitsu and your To-Shin-Do... I love hearin about how MA gets adapted and changed throughout the years.

Really, I mentioned that Ninja stuff 'cause I saw a program on Discovery or somewhere a few years back about this Irish guy who lives in Japan learning the art of the Ninja from one of the last real teachers in the world ! He had to go through all the initiation stuff, similar to the Shaolin thing of sitting outside for however long, begging, until the teacher accepts you. It was wild ! The Doc. didn't show much, as it is a "Ninja" art, but it did show him, the Irish guy, siting indian style, blindfolded as his master swung a wooden sword at his head. The Irish guy dropped to one side at the last sec. supposedly by hearing the rustling of cloth as well as by feeling the air move around him. Also that sixth sense thing. Pretty sweet all in all. I was just curious if Ninjitsu was at all the same.

Anyway, We're both new here so , Rock on Newbies !!! Being that your up in Michigan, hope you stay warm and have a white Christmas !!!!!!!!
                      "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Working...
                      X