this sunday: colts vs. ravens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this sunday: colts vs. ravens

well, i have been involuntarily and quite rudely forced into the capacity of a russbo.com bookie by a certain site-administering doctor. apparently, he has mistaken my fanaticism for the sport of american football for a love for the world of sport in general, and decided that this would make me a good bookie for matters having to do with sports. so, i have decided to play doc's game, and the first wager that i will make available to the fearless frequenters of russbo.com will have to do with, naturally, american football.

i realize that many of you may not be too familiar with american football, but by all means, bet anyway. i've offered a bit of background information as follows.

there is a gentleman by the name of peyton manning who plays quaterback for the indianapolis colts, and he's having, so far, the best season of any quaterback in the history of football. the current record for touchdown passes in a single season is held by mr. dan marino of the 1984 miami dolphins. that record is 48. mr. manning, of the 2004 indianapolis colts, to date, has thrown 46 touchdown passes, and still has 3 games to go. at his current pace, by the end of the season, peyton manning will not only have broken, but shattered, dan marino's record, with 57 touchdown passes. peyton manning has also this year thrown at least 5 touchdown passes in more games this season than any quarterback in any season in NFL history.

which brings us to our wager. petyon manning will almost certainly break dan marino's record this year. he's only 2 TD passes away from it, and he's accustomed to throwing many more TD passes per game than that. however - and this is the fun part - the team he happens to be playing against this sunday is the baltimore ravens. they have perhaps the best defense in the league. the running for this year's defensive MVP appears to be between two gentlemen - ray lewis and ed reed - who both play for the ravens.

so the question is, will peyton break dan marino's record this sunday against the ravens, or will he have to wait another week? wager away.

psychic insight is not only allowed, but encouraged.

Um, dude, some of your odds are off man... way off.
    practice wu de

Comment

you're right. i deleted that bet based on misunderstanding what the odds meant. i'm re-posting it with the right options, sorry about that shaolinstylee...

Comment

Like I said in the last thread.. pay me (and don't try to steal any more from me..)

I already got you back...
        practice wu de

Comment

haha, yeah i figured, when some of my not-so-hard-earned money suddenly disappeared.

the beauty is i know i will probably never spend any of these doc dollars on anything, yet it is a great way to waste time.

Comment

As if we needed another reason (other than the forum in general) to waste time on the internet.
            practice wu de

Comment

I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites.
              ​ okbet online games

Comment

Working...
              X