russbo member of the month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• russbo member of the month!

nothing about this new future is better than that it provides something upon which even those who have never heard of terrell owens can bet!

i have no idea when this polling will close or how it works, so i'm just gonna say that the bet ends on the last day of january. all of the nominees will start out with 1 to 1 odds. if someone new gets nominated, i can add them to the mix easily.

also, i will change the odds as the month progresses based on who's receiving more votes. if, for instance, shaolinstylee has 10 votes and no one else has any, i'll change the odds to maybe 1 to 5 for shaolinstylee to win. if you were, however, to place a bet on shaolinstylee while the odds were still 1 to 1, you would be paid 1 to 1 when the bet is closed. in other words, if you bet on someone who already looks like the clear winner, you're not gonna get paid as much as if you bet on that person before they looked like the clear winner. i hope that makes sense.

anyway, this is something that anyone on russbo.com can grasp, so bet away! there's more fun to be had with docdollars than just trying to steal everyone's cash!

as always, psychic insight is not only allowed, but encouraged.

What about me? I vote for myself. lo

Comment

wait, we'er all one to one, and where is mortal?

This sucks, I can't even bet...
      practice wu de

Comment

yeah, we all start out 1:1, and then as the votes come in, i'll adjust the odds accordingly.

mortal, i would nominate you but i've already nominated two people, i don't want to crowd the page with zachsan avatars. lol....

Comment

I think that may be it, as I nominated Doc..

someone had to..

oh, wait, you can have 6 nominations..

Where do we vote?
          practice wu de

Comment

probably right at the page. but you can't vote for yourself, or someone you've nominated.

actually at the moment is says "polling closed". i think doc messed up. so i suppose this whole bet is contingent upon doc fixing it up so that people can actually vote.

Comment

You can't vote??? I'll have to look into this.

And thanks to all of my fans who have supported me, in my quest to be "member of the month".

All one of you. I thank you. Even though you did it purely out of pity and mercy.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

No, I wouldn't say pity and mercy, just mistook the context of "member of the month"
                practice wu de

Comment

Yes, I guess I would better deserve "member of the month" in church, than I would here.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to figure out why no one can vote, LOL. Maybe we'll make this MOTM for February...
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Zach, if we can see, during the voting process, who is leading.... then you need to nix this bet...
                    practice wu de

Comment

lol, no, i don't. read the first post, man. if someone's leading significantly, i can adjust the odds accordingly. when the bet pays out, you get paid according to the odds that were in effect at the time that you placed the bet.

Comment

so you, somehow, are going to adjust the payout with respect to time as well?

If I bet two seconds before you close the bet.. for the clear winner.... wtf..... you don't have that control. Nor should anyone have that amount of time, to update the odds that frequently.
                        practice wu de

Comment

oh! it says in the rules, "voting will begin when all nomination positions have been filled." we need one more nominee! i've already got 2 on the board, it's up to the rest of the russbo community.

Comment

if the poll is going to close in two days and someone is ahead by 20 votes, the payout for them would be so low that there would be no point in betting on them, except to say that you had. i'm not saying i'm going to draw up an equation for it, i'm just saying i'll keep on top of it. it ain't that complicated.

i do, however, need to know from doc when the polling will be closed. i suppose knowing when it will begin would be the first step to that...

Comment

Oh, we're becoming ethical bookies now?? What is this world coming to....

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X