No announcement yet.

improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Maestro, since I can't take you on in the Inferno yet, I'll do it here.

When doing some other qi gong forms, as i've learned (and forgot) in Shaolin, such as Lohan Drangoon, and the Marrow Washing one, it would be absolutely maddening, in those forms, to do each maneuver more than once. Those forms can take some time to get through, and, in those, as I've seen them practiced by Shaolin "masters", they do each step only once.

Well, nobody said you can't do them as many times as you'd like, and, I agree with you, in Ba Duan Jing, doing one step for "awhile", is kind of like meditating. There's nothing wrong with it, and it's kind of relaxing. But, referring that to one's level of expertise, I think, is wrong.

If you watch Shi De Hong "warm up" before doing his medicinal qi gong (another story), he only does a few of the Lohan Drangoon exercises, and only does each one as he teaches them: once.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

My teacher has been training with a lot of different Qi Gong masters and his point of view is remember is you can do as many reps as you want in Ba Duan Jin, probably no more than 20 though... One of the masters he has worked with was Yang Jwing Ming, pretty well known by tai chi practicionners or other martial artists.
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

doc, there are many different methods of doing qi gong, and there are many different kinds of qi gong, i dont know anything about bone marrow washing qi gong. i do know, that the ba duan jin for example IS best practice each exercise 20 times each.

the reason for this is simple, in qi gong your not just doing movement and meditation, when u do qi gong you are stretching out and strengthening the tendons and ligaments. the more your stretch the tendons, the easier it is for blood and qi to flow through the meridians. this is why in taiji every move you do u stretch to the extreme and u often hold it for a few seconds, then change the energy and move.

in qi gong like the ba duan jin, each exercise is MADE to be done over and over, the type of qi gong it is basically demands that you do the exercises about 20 times each, so you get the FULL benefit. if you just do the form once, 1 exercise at a time, your really not doing that much for qi development.

on the other hand, if your doing ba duan jin for a warm up, which it is definately good for, you wouldnt do it as such.

and as for the bone marrow washing qi gong as i said, i dont know, but with forms such as the yi jin jing, repeating the exercises 50 to 100 times is often much better then just going the form.

going through the form is good if your trying to focus on other things, the monks for example all do iron body, or atleast a shitload of em do it, and i can understand because the iron body system has a ridiculous amount of qi gong in it, its 2/3 of the system. not to mention im sure the monks have to do other things like their forms, drills etc so..yknow to each his own

but when u talking about practiceing ba duan jin for qi flow you need to understand how to get the best benefit

and u will never be able to take me in the inferno, i just got off work and when 11 oclock tonight comes round ill be level 25 and you nor anyone else will have a prayer.

even though i fought u when i was weaker, it appear ole doccy likes to run when maestro is in POWA!!! o.O
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

"One of the masters he has worked with was Yang Jwing Ming, pretty well known by tai chi practicionners or other martial artists"

"Dr." Yang Jwing Ming is a greedy whore. OOO did I say that! He trains with a shaolin guy and all of a sudden he is a master of chin-na. Go write some more books...

8 section qi gong isn't this complicated. If maestro wants to spend 2hrs doing it and then smoke a jib afterwards by all means go ahead. Meanwhile we can practice up in the inferno and kick his ass. Oh btw who is the strongest in the inferno now....uhhhh...I think its me....let me check.... yep its me.
          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

what? how are you the strongest in the inferno? lol u think cause u have 312 str and i have 302? how about you def hows that workin for ya? mines at 302 whats your at?

whats yoru evasion at mines at 197 whats your again? anything else worm?

and u do know that when i level today im getting 1000 strength increase, and 1500 hps and 500 more def and other stuff right? did i forget to mention that...

and it doesnt take hours to do the ba duan jin the way i mention, 20 minutes at the most, and its worthwhile, even though like i said i focus on other things now, but if u want to do ba duan jin right, do yourself a favor and atleast try what i say
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro
              .... do yourself a favor and atleast try what i say
              .....okay...
              maybe we can go down to the bay
              maybe play with some clay
              we just may...

yeah ok so you will have a big boost wait till im lvl 100 then you are dead
              D E A D !

Comment

doc,

i have a few questions about the stances used in lohan drangoon.

could you please explain left half moon stance, and t stance.

also, in ex#6(cat washes face), the name cat stance is used, isnt that T stance?

ex#28 speaks of a monkey stance from xiao hong chuan... what is that?

thanks.
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Good god. You've got to be kidding.

As if I remember all of that, lol. I'll have to look at that file again, and refresh my memory. Lohan Drangoon was not one of those qi gong forms that was fun to do, or, easy to remember. Especially with my memory.

Stay on me with this, I'm packing and getting ready to head out.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

lol,

no prob doc, whenever you have time. I dont mean to trouble you, i know youre a busy guy.

its an interesting routine nonetheless, there are only a couple that are gonna take some concentration and tinkering. Very hard to do, considering the stances that you have to hold, but its good. i felt results as i hit the 5th exercise, then i quit, lol, had to take a time out since i have a little one that gets into EVERYTHING!
                    this is gonna take alot of time, practice and reflection.

Good stuff, be safe out there. rob.
                    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I'll work on getting a video of this, the next time I get to Shaolin. Which, should be this spring.

russbo.com

Comment

In Ba Duan Jin, when you have to bend foward and backward, do you have to bend foward until you get the hamstrings stretching and lower back stretching? Because I've had lowerback injury by stretching that way, I've learned later that we should never round the back while bending foward to stretch. Or do you stop before it stretches?
                        =========
                        Peace out!

Comment

It's all in the hips, it's all in the hips...Bend forward at the hips not with your back... when you bend back tilt your hips back as far as you can and then bend with the back....I dont know that version of Ba duan jin but my yoga experience taught me the proper ways to stretch...

back to the original question from this post...

Since you mentioned it I started incorporating a version of Ba Duan Jin into my morning routine (which as of recently because of my tiredness is just Ba Duan jin). I have noticed something...I have more energy...I am not tired or sleepy...My distain for working after working all day is fading away...I feel I have reawoken my desire for training.

Thanks Ba Duan Jin!

Comment

Originally posted by tetsumaru

Thanks Ba Duan Jin!

and, thanks hair club for men!
                            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                              I'll work on getting a video of this, the next time I get to Shaolin. Which, should be this spring.

awesome, doc you da man! ill just work with the written instruction, then compare the video to my mutated version, and then work out the kinks.

Comment

Working...
                              X