No announcement yet.

Shaolin Temple UK Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know which 2 have left? Was it the 2 that came down from Oxford, or was it some of the others? You said they went AWOL, they just dissappeared, or did Yanzi and others know they were planning to leave? Or were they told to leave?

I heard some rumours regarding Yan Lei a while back, around the time when his website surfaced. But that was a while ago and since he's released his DVD there were notices around the school about his reasons for doing the DVD and they were selling it at the school. I just figured that perhaps he was doing it on the side for a little extra money? But that was just my guess.

I haven't made it down to London for a while. Are the rumours you've heard of regarding Yan Lei more recent?

What did you mean when you said Yan Jiang was of dubious character? I was told that Yan Jiang and Yanzi had a/some disagreement(s) but I never heard anything that I would describe as dubious.

On a side note, do you know if Yanzi has relese the San Shou DVD yet?
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

• These guys are being silly. I thought they were taught better than that. They should take back their vows and go work at McDonald's. Then go take a business class so they know howto run things. And go back to Buddhist basic training....

Comment

• The dubious character comment is a quote fom the notice that went up on Monday. Sorry I don't know the names of the two who left, but one was the monk who took the 6pm weapons class and 7pm and 9pm preparation class. The other one was the monk who took the 7pm Qi Gong class. The rumours regarding Yan Lei were mentioned to me on Monday. Some of the students helped the two monks find new places to live, but their exact whereabouts are not generally known. Seems even Shaolins monks can suffer from company politics.

Comment

• lately it seems like "especially" instead of "even".

Comment

• Seems even Shaolins monks can suffer from company politics
            lol, ever been to Houston?

All the guys from there that I've met at tournies and stuff have seemed pretty cool.

oh, and what about Shaolin itself... politics are in everything now a days... sometimes good, sometimes bad.
            practice wu de

Comment

• Shi Yanlei has jumped ship!

Well, these rumours circulating in October, that Shi Yanlei was leaving STUK, have turned out to be true. He is now teaching in the Birmingham area since December and I have trained with him. I have been training in Chow Gar/ Hung Gar Kungfu in Birmingham but been dreaming of Shaolin training. I have very sporadically trained in STUK in Tuffnell Park and in Oxford with Shi Hengxuan. But these places are too far for regular training. Apparently, he is going to open a branch of STUK here. It is not before time! Apparently, the separation from Shi Yanzi was planned and amiable. Guys training in STUK, can you tell me whether that is true? Who is taking the Brixton classes? Has Shi Yangzi got a new load of new monks from China to teach?

It is a bit reminiscent of the departure of Shi Hengxuan who resurfaced in Oxford. He does still participate in STUK activities, doesn't he?

Is that all part of a grand masterplan for STUK to spread to the many cities of Britain or just the result of personal disagreements among monks working for too long for Shi Yanzi?

Anyway, London's minor loss is Birmingham's big gain.

Comment

• As far as I know Shi Yan Lei leaving was planned and amicable.

I had exchanged a few e-mails hoping to do some private training with him only to find out he'd left for Birmingham to set up a branch of STUK there.

Now I have even further to travel if I want to train with Yan Lei

Comment

• Is that all part of a grand masterplan for STUK to spread to the many cities of Britain or just the result of personal disagreements among monks working for too long for Shi Yanzi?
                  I think that you'll find, that the younger generation "monks" tend to far less "monklike" than the older generation ones....

But I'm not really sure how much of this I want to write about.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

• Oh go on, you know you want to!

Comment

• Xiaobeeno,

Have you trained privately with Shi Yanlei before? How is it like?

I know that he is mainly into Sanshou and Iron shirt. I like traditional forms as well though. Does he teach that (well)?

Many thanks for your answers!

Dewei

Comment

• Not yet. I'm really finding out some interesting behavior. Don't construe this to mean the guys in London however, or anyone in particular. I'm just making some generalized commentary, about things I've noticed, which is not always the right thing to do.

I'll get around to it...
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

• Shi Uan Lei in birmingham! No way! This is one of the best things to happen to birmingham in a long, long time (birmingham really is that boring).

Lets hope he sets up somewhere near my side of birmingham.

Comment

• Dewei, I haven't trained one on one with Shi Yan Lei....yet. Just a matter of getting some money together and then I'm off to see him.

Comment

• "Is that all part of a grand masterplan for STUK to spread to the many cities of Britain or just the result of personal disagreements among monks working for too long for Shi Yanzi?"

Well, my question is answered with

http://www.shaolintemplebirmingham.co.uk/ (This site is not up yet!)

Well, long live STUK plc!!

Comment

• Shifu Yan Jiang

Hello there. I have not been to STUK for a couple of years now but heard rumours that Shifu Yan Jiang might be teaching in Camden. I owe him a few favours including s good feed and a dedicated student. If anyone knows more I would be very grateful and it will save me scorign the streets of North London night after night

Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X