No announcement yet.

Buddah Palm form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acctuallly Heng Jun is the head of the wushu xue xiao inside of Da Fa Wang Si called Shaolin Su Jia Di Zi (I think). It's a school only for forreigners, but he has a school with the same name quite close to Zhong Yue Miao.

The the form in the docuentary should be called Tai Zu Chang Quan, it is not as old as chang quan. It was made for the prince/emperor that's why the name..

Comment

Actually it was the emperor Tai Tzu who founded Chang Chuan, thereby the name. The form performed by Shi Heng Jun however, is not part of that original style. That form is called Shaolin Chang chuan, because it was created in shaolin. Tai Tzu Chang Chuan is a different style created outside shaolin, and even brought to shaolin to be preserved. The style Chang Chuan of todays contemporary wushu has little to do with this, allthough it has influences, as do the form performed by Shi Heng Jun.
      Extensive info here:

Last edited by jopol; 08-29-2004, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Well, seems like I might be forced to revise my post above, and acknowledge the fact that this form might very well be the original 32-moves form created by Tai Tzu. This is due to the internal aspects in the form (cloud hands) and the fact that it is 32 moves long.
        Note that I'm not saying that this is so, but I believe it is.
        And furthermore, if it is founded by tai tzu, then there is no style named chang chuan that is older, because tai tzu _is_ the founder of Chang Chuan. And with respect to the time, it could not have been the first style created, since shaolin is hundreds of years older...

quote from my link above:

"Northern Tai Tzu was the first to be developed, and was the one of only two divisions invented directly by Sung Tai Tzu himself. It all started with the original 32 move Chang Chuan or Long Fist routine. This original form was documented in wood block carvings some time during his reign between 960 & 976 AD., It was also taught to the Shaolin monks for preservation, and is still practiced today in some schools. It seems to be predominantly external set, with some internal attributes. There are reportedly one or more internal Tai Tzu Chang Chuan sets. From what I have gathered, they are similar to the external, only performed with internal mechanics. The sets do not resemble Tai Chi construction, but are performed slowly, kind’a like a Tai Chi. They are generally said to be 32, and 64 moves in length."

So, if you think about the description where it says "predominantly external set, with some internal attributes" and look at the form performed by Shi Heng Jun, you can see that it is the original form, due to the cloud hands (internal) performed, right after some real explosive external moves.
        Last edited by jopol; 09-03-2004, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Snarf...i just realized i learned the first part of this form from Shi De Shan this summer.

Comment

Working...
          X