Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chu chi quan/chu qi quan/qu qi quan - which is it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, nice to know I'm remembered. Kind of.....
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

sounds very similar to our 1st form, ChujiQuanTao.
      "Arhat, I am your father..."
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
        Yes, That is Phil from England.
        thanx steve

Comment

Originally posted by Xiaobeeno
          Wow, nice to know I'm remembered. Kind of.....
          phil..it's me eddie, the one that helped you translated(to the best of my abilities)

Comment

Hmm, i think you drove Decheng and I home one night after class....you have that really sweet Acura, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108
              Hmm, i think you drove Decheng and I home one night after class....you have that really sweet Acura, right?
              yeah..thats me..i never got your name???..sorry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eling99
                phil..it's me eddie, the one that helped you translated(to the best of my abilities)
                Well, your abilities seemed pretty good to me. Thanks for helping me out.

Dogchow, I wouldn't take offence. They don't seem to remember anybody's name!

Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Hi,
                  This is my first post to Russbo, I hope I havnt dredged up a dead topic but I thought I would throw in my two cents.

Several years ago, the first Marial Arts / Kung Fu experience that I had was a introductory workshop, that lasted about 6 weeks. The instructor of the class taught us Kuoshu, and the form that we learned as part for the workshop was Chu Chi Chuan, which we were told translated as "Primary Fist". A basic form that gave a decent intorduction to most of the stances, basic kicks, punches and was a heck of a lot of fun, especially for a first exposure to Kung Fu.

later

**Edit**
                  PS: Here are a couple of links, that I dug up one day when I was feeling nostalgic for my first class, I do not know anything about the schools in the sites, but they both mention Chu Chi Chuan, one even has a vid.

Last edited by ergate; 03-01-2005, 03:30 AM. Reason: adding some links

Comment

Kuoshu,
                    just an fyi, kuoshu means national art I believe... basically is used for kung fu, but tends to have more ties to taiwan if memory serves me right.
                    practice wu de

Comment

We also train Chu Chi Chuan (basic fist) it's short, and is a nice 2 person set. Ours has a little mantis flavor in a chin na grab about half way through, a retreating front kick with a smack to the shin (I think someone mentioned that earlier) -- I always thought the form had lots of eagle claw overtones.

xiaobeeno, did your version have a ling side?

By the way, hello everyone. I've posted a few times now and havent introduced myself. I've been lurking for a while, thought I'd join in.
                      Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Here's a link to a crappy quality video of my gong fu brother Danny doing our version of CCC at a tournament a year or two ago.

http://www.curious3d.com/video/DannyCCC.wmv

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

thanks pfpm
                          practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by plumflower_pm

By the way, hello everyone. I've posted a few times now and havent introduced myself. I've been lurking for a while, thought I'd join in.

Hey there, welcome to the party!
                            Mike Evans
                            Medford, NY

Comment

Thanks Mike.
                              So far I haven't overtly pissed anyone off or made a complete arse out of myself, so things are looking good.

Comment

Like Rob did? LOL. Just kidding. Or am I? He can't do anything to me while in Hell. Heh.
                                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                                X