Shaolin Ma Bu Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no offense, but good luck with that,

the crown of the head is the hardest part of the body, you'd better have some tough elbows. i think the best defense against a single leg takedown is either to sprawl or a half sprawled kneeling stance, then push the opponents head down or grab their thighs so they cant stand up.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Um no.

The forehead is a much harder part of the skull than the crown. That makes it difficult for me to beleive that it's "the hardest part of the body". And no matter which part of the skull, have you ever taken an elbow to the head when you leaned and ran into it? Not fun. Definatly throws a person off their game.

Please, research your catch all statements. The crown isnt even the hardest part of the skull. It's a point of structural weakness where the fontanelle fused up during childhood. That line is still considerably weaker than the surrounding parts of the skull. There's a small area around the central forehead which is actually the hardest and thickest part of the skull, the vertex and back of the head are the weaker parts. When I say the crown, I mean the vertex, on the fontanelle line.

Go run that part of your head into someones elbow and tell me how it goes for you.

Sprawling is a grappling defense against a shoot, what i mentioned was a violent educational defense, which educates the shoot wrestler not leave the top/back of his head exposed and vulnerable to attack. There are many ways to defend against a leg shoot, this is my favorite one to rely on if I'm not in practice, and my opponent is not a friend. It's situational, but it demonstrates the effectivness of being able to drop into a low horse very quickly, which is how it relates to the thread topic.

Please research your anatomical statements better.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

okay you got me,

by crown i thought you were referring to the upper forehead, the part you would use to headbutt someones nose.

in agreement, the crown is actually very vulnerable and one of the weaker points of the head.

though, if a wrestler shoots on you, and you dont stop him, you're in big trouble unless you have some form of grappling experience, and i dont think an elbow to the head is gonna do the trick, you'd be better of with an eyegouge, eardrum bursting slaps, or pushing his head into the ground. the elbow may hurt, but most likely bounce off and you will still be in a bad position.

but ultimately, i say the only defense against a wrestler shooting on you is knowledge of grappling, either that or a powerful knee or kick to the head.

i used to wrestle. trust me, wrestlers are very aggresive fighters, one elbow isnt gonna do squat.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

We're getting into technicalities and hypotheticals here, and we all live relatively close. So unless you want to try it together, I'd suggest just leaving it at, "Train the horse, from bottom to top"
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

MS sounds like an idiot, he never thinks before writeing and obviously doesnt respect anyone elses oppinion untill they slam him with a cold hard fact, oppinions dont even factor in with him

but a point of interest..in iron body the main idea of training the skill is to strengthen the vital/weak points on the body, and the crown of the head is one of them

i dunno what lyf's horse stance quote means..but yea
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I was just kinda paraphrasing what Dao had said earlier.

Yeah, that whole crown business...the skull is made up of diploe, and covered with a thin layer of muscle, whereas the elbow is compact bone over spongy bone (and backed by a ton of muscle). The diploe is designed to indent upon significant impact, the ulna/radius is not.

Let's also not forget to mention that the force generated by striking with the head in order to strike as hard as an elbow is going to put a lot of hurtin on you'se brain.

While you'd still have to factor in how hard someone is charging, how heavy he is, what angle you're going to strike, etc... an elbow could still very well bounce off someone's skull.

But enough of these word problems. No one cares unless you plan on demonstrating.

Comment

when did someone slam a cold hard fact on me?

did i miss something? although i do remember slamming you with a few...

and btw, you sound like a dumb little kid. HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!

Comment

Splint, I think your problem is you don't know how to organize and quantify your thoughts. Education will help solve that problem, are you going to school? You might want to look into courses like speech or critical thinking. And anatomy, since we were talking about it, lol.

Comment

The "hardest" bone in the body is in the skull, though it is not the forehead nor the top. It is the bone structure that encompasses the external ear canal, and contains the structures for the middle ear (the temporal bone). It lies towards the bottom sides of the skull.

You wouldn't want to hit anyone with it. Trauma to that area can cause disruption of the small bones that make up the inner ear, with dramatic results.

Quite interesting, and with a martial arts bent, one of the "weakest" bones in the skull, is the upper temporal area. The skull is rather thin at the squamal area of the temples, and, even more important, an artery inside the skull runs in a groove within. Fracturing that part of the skull, can lead to a break in that middle meningeal artery, with resultant epidural hematoma, unconciousness, and death.

Other "hard" bones, and by hard I mean dense calcium wise, would be the upper tibia (shin), right below the knee. Which makes it a good striking instrument (very popular in Muay Thai).

Using the head as a strking instrument is stupid. (discussed in a different thread).
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

lolo at MS, i could sound or look however, but i would still beat you down with ease

judo sucks HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

lolo

Comment

sure kid,

I wouldnt even have to use judo on you, id just give you a good old fashioned ass kicking, ghetto style, and you forgot that i also study iron fist, taiji, xing yi, ba gua, boxing, tkd, wrestling, and good ol' street brawling. you on the other hand can feel free to use your imaginary chinese martial arts that you learned from your imaginary chinese master, and end up embarrasing yourself since you havent been in a real fight your whole life... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I dont like kicking the crap out of people like you, afterwards i just feel awful.

lyf,

you think you're so damn smart dont you? good quality for a KID.

doc, thanks for the tip, i always thought that the upper forehead was the strongest part of the skull. hmm...
                        Last edited by master splinter; 11-15-2006, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Smart enough to know when someone's too busy with their thumb in their ass to know what the **** they're talking about...

You're a year older than me if that, and I'm clearly superior.

Comment

ok ms, your definately not my equal ill admit that. were on completely different levels..obviously

lets all go back to being happy now and not hate each other lolo

Comment

Wow. Maestro going for the "kiss and make up" move.

Thought I'd never see that. Right up there with the message I got from BL that said "Maybe you were right that I'm a lost cause..."

I wake up to a brand new world.
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

A brave new world.

Comment

Working...
                                X