Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNIQUE Training Methods, self discovery?!?! ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Evans' response to the atheism thing. Atheists believe there is no god. Hence the "A" and the "ism".

Comment

I would agree mediation is not necessarily unchristian. However, I would becareful of anyone who says open you mind and let the spirit guide you. Even Demons can be disguised as angels of light. I think it's important to becareful who ones listens to. You got to know what there motivations are.

I do alot of mediating, especially on finding a job these days.
      "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Christianity was founded on blood .

You can be christian and incorporate chan buddhism philosophy and even daoism....and no meditation won't allow demons to enter your mind...heck if I thought it would allow god to enter my mind I would never meditate again! Grrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Evans
          That would make you Agnostic, not Atheist. An Agnostic is an Atheist who is willing to believe in a god if someone can prove it...
          Hmm...

ag·nos·ti·cism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-nst-szm)
          n.
          The doctrine that certainty about first principles or absolute truth is unattainable and that only perceptual phenomena are objects of exact knowledge.
          The belief that there can be no proof either that God exists or that God does not exist.

a·the·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-zm)
          n.

Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
          The doctrine that there is no God or gods.
          Godlessness; immorality.

An Atheist does not beleive in a GOD but may beleive in spirituality or forces or whatever. Agnosticism (As the first definition explains) is that if it cannot be (perceptually) proven, one cannot maintain that it exists. Agnosticism is like a step further than atheism. That is how i see it anyway...

Comment

Atheism is to not believe in any god...

Agnosticism is to not believe in a particular god... But does believe that one can not prove there is or isn't a god.. it isn't empirical...
            practice wu de

Comment

To get back on track, I found something interesting for people in winter climates.

In lieu of an ice scraper for the car, I tried using a panther claw hand form driven by movements of the waist to scrape the ice off the windshield.
              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

i wish i could have seen that, lol...

there's probably tons of stuff you could do when it snows. maybe stand in one place in horse stance untli the snow under your feet melts completely? or maybe a gongfu snow angel?

Comment

I don't know if anyone discovered this training method before I did, but I discovered it completely by myself.

People who practise taiji or qigong, will know a stance where you put your arms out in front of you, forming a large circle (like holding a big barrel). Usually the stance is performed for several minutes without moving.
                  As i was fooling around with my sandbag, I came up with this idea. Hold your arms out in front of you, imitating holding a big barrel. Now make the sandbag run in cirlces on the inside of your arms. The sandbag will rotate around itself too.

If you have the right size sandbag, this exercise is great. Your arms will get very strong and your movements with the upper body will be smoother and more powerful.

Comment

I do something similar Asgar.. practice the clinch.

Dao, that is my preferred ice scraper... unless it is really frozen, then I'll bust out the id.
                    practice wu de

Comment

Man, I was told to hold that stance for an hour or something. So discouraging.
                      Last edited by LeiYunFat; 12-22-2004, 08:48 PM. Reason: Didn't get my message I was trying to get across, why are you asking? I can edit if I want.
                      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Yeah, i think that stance is called embracing the tree, a half hour of it is plenty. Most people can't even handle that much. But its good for ya, if you can do it everyday.
                        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

We do the same thing, but palm facing outwards, while in mabu. Suppose to let the energy circle in your bordy or something, I just find it a good way to focus the mind away from the pain.

Comment

That's the thing-- It was getting so long I stopped doing it altogether, lol. I should start again though.
                            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Problem I have living with my parents is when I tell them I'm practicing my horse stances, there like well why are you just standing there? I don't think they understand the concept, by the way, merry christmas.
                              "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

who would have thought, throughout all the ages, that the key to stronger legs is pretending to take a **** for extended periods of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X