Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNIQUE Training Methods, self discovery?!?! ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no offense, but you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah, I get that a lot.

Comment

• you can try doing ma bu, while you eat your dinner., or maybe a thousand punches and kicks undrewater. kick swinging targets.... the list is infinite.

peace

onefocus

Comment

• Originally posted by onefocus
          or maybe a thousand punches and kicks undrewater.

onefocus
          Don't breath at all, though. It helps you with your qi cultivation.

I probably just killed half of the readers of this thread, lol.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

• punches and kicks, underwater, not your head!!!!

Comment

• They don't know that, heh heh heh...
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

• Not to ruin the lovely air of sarcasm, but you should NEVER EVER EVER hold your breath while doing qigong or gongfu practice. Unless you're incredibly relaxed, it can be quite detrimental. that being said, there are some qigong excercises involving held breath, and they sure as hell aren't to be attempted by beginners.
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsan
                  i contain your spirit mother****er!!

CLASSIC INDEED!!!

Comment

• I like hitting the bag until I feal like I can't hold my arms up any more.
                    practice wu de

Comment

• training to exaustion in some exercises is a good thing, in as much as it trains a certain type of endurance. static exercises also train a certain type of endurance, running, jumping, climbing, grabbing, all train in certain types of endurance. no one, or particular exercise set is better than another, they each accomplish different goals that work together for the compleate training of the martial artist. each exercise has it's place, form and function.

peace

onefocus

Comment

• static exercises also train a certain type of endurance
                        endurance for a static excersise is like building endurance to yank it yourself...

who needs it.
                        practice wu de

Comment

• we all could use it, but everyone is not able. static stances are designed to train the mind, during the stillness of the body. it is challenging, and sometimes maybe boring, but the real deal is that you have to train the mind, otherwise you stand to hurt yourself, in the practice of gungfu.

I'm only trying to help, giving what i have. maybe great gungfu seems to be dying, because when people offer what they have, someone tries to slap it from their hands, because of their own personal distaste or inability, or lack of understanding.

fact: every punch, kick, throw, you will ever do all start or terminate in a stance.

fact: no ones trying to make you do anything against zachshans' will.

fact: we all learn in our own time, our own way.

peace

onefocus

Comment

• i have the unshakeable feeling that i've missed something here, something vital, that would allow me to see into the inner workings of onefocus' mind, and in fact the collective mind of the entire forum.
                            Last edited by zachsan; 03-07-2005, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• In my opinion, exhaustion training is best applied immediatly before sparring. You work the **** out of the class until more than 50% of them can no longer stand up, and then you start doing rondori. That's what we used to do in judo. It's amazing how the talented people step up, and are easy to recognize, when you have no strength to execute a throw, only your technique to rely upon.

And zach, read Marcus Aurelius. What is the inherent truth of this person? What is it essence? What drives it? The essence of manipulating individuals and groups is understanding collective desire and being able to fabricate the illusion of that which is desired. That and, always convince the manipulated that they are the ones in control. Slaves are much easier to deal with when they beleive themselves to be free.
                              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X