No announcement yet.

confused about a style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright i asked my teacher, he said that he first teaches the basics of shaolin, like the stretching and the stances and so on, then he teaches Hsing Yi.
    not sure what it is but now i no what im learning

Comment

Cool, I'm sure there are a few around here that have some experience with that. Be cautious as to how fast you jump to conclusions about certain styles and teachers. Sometimes it takes a few months if not longer to get even a foot in the door.
      practice wu de

Comment

Hmm...XingYi, eh?

Ok...well at least that's soemthing.

Im still kind of curious about that northern/southern thing but i guess you will find out as you go then.

As always, though, watch out for yourself.

Comment

This is a quote from his site
          "Our students follow two different paths: there are those who seek health benefits through stretching and flexibility exercises, followed by Chi-kung and eventually Tai-Chi forms, and those who want to study the martial arts, beginning with the basics of Shaolin, before advancing to other techniques and styles (for example, Chin-na, Shuai Chiao, Er-mei, Wu-dang, Hsing Yi and Ba Ji). We encourage our students to help each other gain insight into the true meaning of the Chinese Martial Arts. "

Comment

Now that you posted that, I don't feal bad about doing this:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Good luck with that.
            practice wu de

Comment

Working...
            X