Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is possable to animate a form

there are a quit a few ways to do it

1: Motion Capture .. i.e. film the live action .. with the "actor" covered in "balls"

Which is filmed by multiple cameras.. The "balls" data is then converted to position coordinates.. that data is then feed right into the "3D program"
    "Super expensive.. Film industry type technology"

2: Free form Key frame animation

The whole "form" is animated by hand, all timings position are manually created
    Very time consuming + you would need to know the form inside out to recreate it accuratly

3: another solution is to simultaneously Record | Film the "Performer" with say 4 or more statically positioned video cameras at different elevated angles looking down at the target i.e so the other cameras cant see each other.

Chuck all the footages into say flash | director | style program

Set each of the footages on different Channels | Tracks and show and hide each channel based on the viewers selection

a crude way to simulate multi viewed footage ..

4+ there are lots of other ways to do it but the above 3 give the general idea.

The reason why ive created the animations .. is for fun and to Demonstrate each Technique from simulated camera angles plus its different ive not seen anything like it for this application so I had an experiment.

I could do it with multi angles photographs for each stance but the file size would be alot larger. (It would look cool though)

+ the techniques ive employed make them fast to download in relation to net download time which is something i like...

Now if you animated a whole form with the same method, file sizes would increase quite quickly, maybe not to the extent of video footage.
    Do or do not there is no try.

Comment

I was looking in the Main Shaolin section

to find the Stance names for each of the bronze statues in the Traditional Gong Fu section

Im abit stuck, i cant find them .. ive seen the basic terminology section, but im not

sure the marry up with the Statues and what they are posing.
      Do or do not there is no try.

Comment

Working...
      X