Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does hookers count?

Comment

I made mention of this not killing stuff, from a bio I read on Guatama Buddha. Damn, can't remember where I posted it though. I think in the Buddhist Concepts section...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Here it is:

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Phoenix, I just posted about how it's impossible to avoid killing insects, indirectly. That's what it's all about. Not directly killing the being. That thing Doc posted showed that people were aloud to eat meat as long as they didn't see it killed or heard of it or anything really. But they could eat a meat sandwich or something. They had no part in it and didn't know of what happened to the animal. They just see a sandwich, so they can eat it. That's not killing or being responsible for it.

I said that precept didn't mean to meditate all your life so you never move. Cuz moving anywhere could harm a living being. Of course you can move. It's all about directly killing or witnessing it or listening about it and then eating. It's impossible not to be indirectly killing or harming a living being. I give many examples. As even a vegetarian, insects were killed from the insecticides the farmer had to spray over the crop. As long as you breathe you may kill some small living being. So it really is impossible to avoid. So I really think all it means is not directly being responsible for it. At least that's the way I take it. Because it's the only possible way to do it.

A mi tuo Fo
          -Xing Jian

Comment

Working...
          X