Shi Yong Xin: The Inside Track...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shi Yong Xin, the land developer

I've been told by reliable sources that land in Dengfeng, is now, "impossible" to purchase.

Well, because there apparently isn't any left for sale.

But, interestingly enough, just recently, Shi Yong Xin purchased a huge amount of land in Dengfeng. Reasons are currently unknown.

Now, I could be jaded and cynical, and suggest that, in my opinion, Yongxin might open a school, which would cater predominantly to foreigners for training. I could be jaded and cynical, and, I will.

It's not a bad plan, if this is what he's going to do. Remember, he is associated with at least three gong fu schools in Dengfeng now. This is where he gets his "monks" from for his worldwide performances (and for his temple performances). But these schools cater to domestic Chinese, and are not at all suitable for foreigners. Foreigners, whom I might add, have money.

The only Chinese institution which has plans to expand and better it's foreigner involvment, is the Shaolin Temple Wushu Guan, a government owned entity, which resides in the new Yongxinland (the new Shaolin village area). They are planning, as I've previously mentioned last year, or the year before, to expand the hotel there, from a two star rat infested shithole, to a five star rat invested palace. They have also been cleaning up the training areas. I've seen plans for their renovations, and they're quite impressive. Imagine, a man made waterfall overlooking the road and valley. Well, I'm privy to this sort of thing, because, for some reason, they stay in touch with me. And even ask me to help them with advertising.

Something which Yongxin won't do. But, then again, he hates me.

The wushu guan apparently holds no great love for him, and, supposedly, he holds no great affection for them. So, in my mind, building a school predominantly for foreigners in Dengfeng, would be a coup, one which would hurt the wushu guan, and make huge amounts of money for Yongxin. He could draw from his unlimited supply of "monks" from the three schools that he is already associated with, to teach at his new international foreigner institution.

Well, I have no proof of this, but, I've done a damn good job of "reading" this guy's actions over the years, and predicting what he's going to do next. Either that, or he stays in touch with internet ramblings, and pays attention to it (lots of evidence for that over the years, it's kind of scary, LOL).

The real tragedy in this, if, this is what is going to happen, is that the people that stand to lose the most, are the older and genuine monk masters, such as Deyang, Decheng, Hengjun, Yanzhang, etc, who run damn good domestic Chinese student schools in the Dengfeng area, but, who also cater to foreigners, albeit, not as well as they should. Granted, living conditions in these places tend to be fairly poor by western standards. If Yongxin builds a foreigner based school, with western style accommodations, these other monks stand to lose their foreigner student base, to varying degrees.

It will be interesting to see what happens here. Stay tuned. Doc's spies are all about.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I wouldn't have thought it would make too much difference to those monk masters since people go to train with them because of their reputation (you being at least partly responsible for that ) and also many will want to 'train like the chinese' so are quite happy for crappy living conditions coz its more 'authentic'

For those that want more upscale conditions aren't there other (big) alternatives for foreigners already such as Tagou and Epo which at least on their website looks very fancy (relatively)?

At the end of the day, competition is good for business.. maybe a fancy new school will bring in lots of foreigners that would otherwise not want to risk it who will then jump ship to dechengs or other places around and maybe it will force the other places to upgrade living conditions for foreigners or in other ways compensate them.. ie. by providing the best/most authentic/traditional training etc.

Comment

Working...
      X