No announcement yet.

Abdominals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had trouble with the obliques too. They're covered in fat, and I haven't seen them since I popped out of the birth canal.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

lol

yeah thank you all but again, I don't want to get better abs, I know my way already. I'm only looking for if this is Shaolin training or not, only.

someone said it was similar to eight pieces of silk brocade? personally I don't think it looks much similar...

thanks
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

there are many versions of the ba duan jin(8 section brocade) but those exercises have nothing to do with it.

and shaolin practice abdominals like everyone else, there is no magical way to get super abs. and the monk with the bowl on stomach is a part of iron body not super abs chi kung

alot of gung fu complements a strong abdomen but the best ways are found at my site www.bodybuilding.com !!
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

So is what doc true? They don"t practice any abs workout at all? Only the kicks and stuff strengthen their abs? They don't rely on any particular exercises?
          =========
          Peace out!

Comment

i wonder the same thing. Ive seen pictures of monks holding certain positions in between 2 tables. positions that isolate the abdominals.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

OK, let me rephrase this.

I don't ever remember seeing these students doing sit ups or crunches. Like we do.

The nonsense that you see with them hanging out of trees and pouring water into buckets is just that. Haven't seen that either. A lot of the stuff that you see in books is just that. Stuff you see in books. Just like the stuff you see in the videos.

But, there are other things that they do, that would work out the abdominals, along with other things. I mean, even Ba Duan Jing qi gong works the abdominals...
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Thanks that's clearer this way

Talking about Ba Duan Jin, anyone could look at my thread in Qi Gong forum?
                =========
                Peace out!

Comment

Yeah, you can get away with doing most forms the right way without having to go and do ab exercises seperately. It's like doing stance training all day and expecting yourself to go hit some squats because you're not working your legs out.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

well I've been told Shi Yan Ming do thousands of push ups everyday and here is Shi Xing Hong teaching abs training ...

=========
                    Peace out!

Comment

Of course it is. It isn't taught. Just trained. They do pushups and situps everyday. So do most kungfu schools for that matter.

Comment

yeah, they do situps, but thats not all that they do to work the abdominals. there are various shaolin postures that work like yoga's "asana's" postures that work the abdominals as well. without that, i dont think shaolin would be shaolin.
                        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

doing pushups and situps everyday isnt good for you. once ever 2-3 days is best and if u do it right youll reap the best results. my favorite crunches not going there but i have i think 8 exercises, and pushups the best are handstand, hindu, diamond sets and 1 handed imo
                          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Yeah, if you do the same exercise everyday too many times a day, all you do is get better at doing the exercise. Not to mention the cycle you'll trap yourself in. If you go and do 1000 crunches a day, you're going to build up your endurance until you reach your peak. Once you reach your peak and continue to not challenge your body, you only get weaker.

Variations and periodic workouts are the real way to gain anything.

Comment

lately ive been training balance, i just try to hold a fixed handstand with no support, im up to almost 30 seconds, i probably have to train more with support to strengthen the muscles at work first

Comment

Wow that's really good...

Lately I've been worrying about how weak my lats are, and how much I need my lower back to do things. So I have been trying to get pullups into my routine as well as reverse hyper extensions.

Comment

Working...
                                X