No announcement yet.

And Shi De Cheng....when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who, Shi De Cheng kungfu or Master Li Cun Bin kungfu?

Master Li likes wushu a lot, so, his postures must have that touch, but the forms follow almost the same pattern as the ones done by Shi De Cheng.

Hector Villarruel
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Mexico

Comment

You know something?. One always look for this gentelman monks to guide us, but much of them need to be guided by us. Physical kungfu is not everything.

They are like lost or hungry of "have" material things. Not all and i am not saying that my Master behaves like that. But they are more la little brothers instead as Masters.

Don't you think?
      Hector Villarruel
      Guadalajara, Jalisco
      Mexico

Comment

But they always act like they are all that. And many times they let awe struck newbs kiss their asses. Instead of saying "kid i'm nothing special" they hold their noses high and walk away with the sychophants in tow. Don't forget the bullshit light continuous sparring they all won somewhere along the line.

Comment

I think the only monk in the US that, I know of, that doesn't have that BS light contact sparring thing you mentioned mortal would be Shi De Ru. But he's not a monk...but he'd kick someone's ass if he had to...and I think he has...He seems more humble than the rest that I have met. We are beginning to stereotype them all.
          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Let's not be so negative. We still have a lot to learn from them and we can help them to follow the right way. Having trained like 10 years do not mean much when you have been poor and your family too.

Let's guide them the best we can. Let's be their friends.

Hector Villarruel
            Guadalajara, Jalisco
            Mexico

Comment

Yes i agree. One must have limits.
              Hector Villarruel
              Guadalajara, Jalisco
              Mexico

Comment

You have the power of change, if you do not like your instructor, change. You can help him a little, but they are adult people. Most of them do not like the kungfu as we do, so change.
                Hector Villarruel
                Guadalajara, Jalisco
                Mexico

Comment

You are correct I have the power to change. Instructors that is! lol

They aren't all bad. De ru is a bad ass. I saw him do a tornado kick once at a seminar. Awe inspiring! That is my fav kick and I think I'm pretty good but it would be nothing in comparison.

Comment

Hi Mortal, if you like Shi De Ru, go with him. Look, my Tai Chi teacher lives in LA, but I live in Guadalajra,Mexico!. i am going there 16-19 of this month. The cost of a plane ticket (i think it is call airfare)is cheaper now. You only have one life and a good teacher can help you in other aspects of life. But remember that this is a small world, so finish well always.

I am saving to train with Master Shi De Cheng, he is really great....so next time!.

Hector Villarruel
                    Guadalajara, Jalisco
                    Mexico

Comment

I already have a 2 great teachers right here. Not only that you don't want to save up travel half way around the world and learn a basic shaolin form. You are not going to get any real worthwhile training during a short stay. The master will not have time to polish your movements. You will come back and practice incorrectly without even knowing it. Then in a few years open a school and ruin kungfus good name like everyone else does.

Comment

So, when is it De Cheng will visit the US? I would like to know so I can arrange a trip!
                        No Chumbas, por favor!

Comment

Not for a loooong time....didn't you read all the business about Xing Wei?!
                          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Yeah, what is the link to this business you mention about Xing Wei?
                            No Chumbas, por favor!

Comment

Shi Xing Wei: A change in visa "status"
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Where is Shi De Cheng?. Is he planning to visit USA soon?

Hector Villarruel
                                Guadalajara, Jalisco
                                Mexico

Comment

Working...
                                X