Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shi De Cheng: wuseng, su jia di tz, real, fake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently everyone has a problem at russbo... should start a complaint box..lol
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
      Typically schools ask for proof of a BA or higher. However, an alternative to having a degree is to go online and take a TESL course, so you can get certified. It may cost a couple hundred dollars and take one or two months to finish. Many schools accept it, but not all. Of course some people will forge a degree since they're often difficult for Chinese to authenticate. I feel it's disingenuous, but what do I know? If you don;t have either - a degree or certificate - it's still possible to get jobs, you'd just have to do it in person. I believe you'd also be working illegally if you took a job under this pretense, yet that's not to say there aren't a lot of people doing it.. You'd probably have an illegal visa too, simply because it'd be based off of false claims. But the truth is they only deport you for it and people aren't often caught. Ummm, what am I saying... Well, other than that, you don't need to speak the language. In fact, the schools I worked for appreciated new teachers that couldn't speak the language because students were forced to use English, unless the students were really young. Actually I had problems after a while because my students were too used to speaking with me in Chinese. They'd actually beg me to speak with them in Chinese...I did what they wanted...this was bad... Anyhow, it's a great learning experience...in the long run the stares will probably be the least of your worries.

So....I'd say get a certificate and go... If you have a certificate, with a little patience....I don't see why you couldn't get a job in HK, though their standard is probably a bit higher. Let me know and I can give you an idea of the pay you should be getting, quality of living you deserve, etc.
      The thing with the BA status is mainly for visa applications. To get a work visa ( and Hong Kong / Japan and Sth Korea are the worst 4 it) , unless you have either a dodgy school or someone there who can take you on a business visa and d*ck around it that way, you really do need to be eductated...or stupid enough to risk it otherwise.

Doc :- Lol . you would ... christ .. i wonder who'd cry first?? ... those things can get a little tricky ... particularly since I got know idea 'bout neither :/.....
      and now you think I'm a jerk ?? ..mmhmm.

Comment

Doc, are you referring to classical chinese?
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I'm not sure what mode the Mandarin is in that monk vows book. Current Chinese language instruction is not enough to be able to translate that. Older Chinese, who have learned traditional Mandarin, also cannot translate it, as the grammar is different. I've been told by a few older (70's plus) Chinese, that the grammar in that book goes back to the 1900's.

I don't know what you call it.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

It's considered classical Chinese. Oh...the wonders..!!
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Ow You also know the Autrian girl Wel, she know a lot of 'shaolin' stuff and she was right about decheng. But i don't want to go more inside this shit because I don't care about that at all....anymore. If you're looking for a KF teacher and You found one that's doing his job good (for you) that You have what You want. You don't need to worry about his life...It's better to take care about your own shit

Comment

Since I've probably been there most revently, I''m just going to go ahead and post this but if any of u do opt for buying a degree over the net for the purpose of a visa entry, ( not that we avocate things like that) u might wanna bare in mind that the govt of these places want sealed transcripts sent directly from the instution :/. either that or an original copy . Good luck ....

Btw : the god comment I meant ... just not for the reasons uu think is all ...

Comment

Originally posted by dave l.
                  Ow You also know the Autrian girl Wel, she know a lot of 'shaolin' stuff and she was right about decheng. But i don't want to go more inside this shit because I don't care about that at all....anymore. If you're looking for a KF teacher and You found one that's doing his job good (for you) that You have what You want. You don't need to worry about his life...It's better to take care about your own shit
                  God knows I have enough of my own to deal with.

As for the Austrian girl, just to add to this, without dragging it out, I had asked Decheng about it years ago. He found it funny, and had denied it.

Well, who knows. Personally, I don't really care. If he has this as part of his life, and it makes him happy, I'm ecstatic for him. He's doing better than I am.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Vows

Doc,

You're awesome. Thanks a bunch for the vow info, that is so helpful.

Some fuel to the fire: I was told by a monk in the US that De Cheng never lived in the temple. But Doc, didn't you say when you knew De Cheng he was living in the temple at the time?

Hanguo Laohu

Comment

What "monk"? No reason not to identify him. If someone is going to make a statement of apparent "truth", then he shouldn't be afraid to be identified.

The bullshit gets deeper and deeper all the time. One thing I've noticed about a great deal of these younger guys, is that they have no sense of honor, honesty, integrity, respect, or loyalty. Some of them truely are embarassments to humanity. Oh, here I go again.

I spent time in Decheng's temple room, the one he shared with Su Yuan when Su Yuan was alive. I was invited to stay and live there for a bit, but, there was barely enough room with the two small cot like beds. I kind of thought it to be ridiculous, to share a closet sized room with Decheng and some 80 year old guy. I've slept on floors before, but, the last time I bunked with a group of guys was when I was in the boy scouts. I found it comical. I did have quite a few meals in the temple kitchen area, with Decheng and others, during that time.

Decheng kept that room, along with his new room in the wushu guan, until Yongxin took power. Deyang and the big guy with the beard (can't remember his name; Shi Xing Mu? Ming Wu? ) shared a two room area in the museum area of the temple, also, until YX took over (and put Deyang in jail).

I have pictures of Decheng's (and Deyang's) rooms. In fact, I have a picture of a rather fat me (I had gained over fifty pounds after my accident, and was halfway towards losing it at the time of that photo) with Decheng and Su Yuan, outside of their quarters, in the shared courtyard, southeast temple area near the community kitchen. Decheng keeps that picture in his office now. Wan Heng's room was just to the north of Cecheng's / Su Yuan's. De Yang was in the southwest area of the temple.

Yongxin, from what I was told, rarely, if ever, lived in the temple proper. He had (has) one or two villa's (back then) in the Zengzhou area.

russbo.com

Comment

de cheng doesnt need doc to defend him. de cheng claims to be a "warrior monk" any person who claims this should be able to back it up with the skill and powers acquired through years of hard work. this the same bullshit weve been going through for years with arhat and bodhi about shi yan ming, and whomever else decides to come on here and defend their beloved sifus.

fact of the matter is, ive never really heard anything substantial from any student of any monk, EVER. all you people do is defend them as if they need your help, and when u do defend them its as if your talking fantasy like your masters are boss of the martial arts world, when inreality what would any of you punk ass disciples know about fighting and the combat arts?

its blatantly clear the so called "warrior monks" arent passing on their skills like it was done in the past, otherwise these so called students and disciples would be ruthless warriors with unparralleled physical ability, who could really give a **** about this stupid bullshit that this website is full of

when is the monk political shit gonna end? half of what is written here in regards to these monks is unneccesary bullshit. why dont u people go eat your rice or something and do some drills and start acting like a shaolin disciple should.
                        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

While I agree completely with your statement about the monks/masters and their disciples'/students' devotion towards them, maestro, I can not agree with the BS you flow forth from your mouth (err....msg). You certainly enjoy talking about your "combat arts" and Hung kuen and such but you are just the same as them. However, actions speak louder than words. Let's end it there or here or where ever is best for all of us.
                          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

lolo, how am i just the same as them? if i was just the same as them i would be mortal and get upset everytime someone disses wing chun or his precious sifu grados. the fact is 90% of the time moronic insults or statements will go unnoticed by me, its only when someone asks a question about my style and it is met with utter bullshit that i do respond

and, besides the fact, dont get me started tet, i dont need much provokeing to get really nasty, besides the fact that i would rip the head off of most of you shaolin monk students regardless

this infact is a good reason i am willing to go see how these shaolin disciples or whatever they call themselves train like in the city, just to see what they think they are talking shit about. seeing a monk in action is nothing, ive only seen about a million demos, the students are the ones i have a problem with, because they are the ones always opening their mouth about combat, monks and combat, respect, honor etc when they have no idea about any of it, they just think they do.

as for bullshit, its technically called my oppinion, and if u dont like it u can shut the hell up, or get disgraced in the inferno or something...

Comment

I want to see your reaction when you walk into one of there schools and watch they way some of them train (make sure you bring a video recorder so you can post it here). In comparision to "combat" training, it's nothing. It's all wushu as far as I am concerned. Except for DeRu that was some training!

You are the same as them because you cling to your idea of your "combat art" being so superior just as they cling to the idea that there teachings from their monks are superior or in some cases "real".

"besides the fact that i would rip the head off of most of you shaolin monk students regardless"

I don't know if that YOU included me....but just to make things clear I am not a "shaolin monk" student...although it would be nice if one of them came to here and opened up something...on second thought probably not.

You can kill me anytime you want in the inferno...just set up a time....once i get rid of my debt I'll start lvling and catch up.....!

Problem with determining who is real and who is not is just like you said in their skills. If whomever it is wants to walk around saying they are this and that and sucker some people into it meanwhile ruining the true meaning of this or that and at the end of the day they can say they feel good about themselves then by all means let them do it. Time will do what it does.

I think this horse is nothing more than a mess of wet jelly like substances.
                              "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

"You are the same as them because you cling to your idea of your "combat art" being so superior just as they cling to the idea that there teachings from their monks are superior or in some cases "real""

i dont think my art is superior to any art, neither do i think my training methods are superior. but there is a big difference in; training and believing because of the nature of the act you are training yourself to become a proficient fighter and actually training yourself to become a proficient fighter.

some of the monks themselves know this, others think they know this but really dont. alot of the younger ones just emit a cocky aura because they believe they are quick when ive seen my sifu whos twice their age move with more speed and power then they are capable of. ontop of this, alot of them believe because of whatever else training they have, that they are superior fighters, even though they never fight anyone worth a grain of salt.

these are just some examples. the older monks like de yang, de cheng, etc i wouldnt ever want to meet in a dark alley, but please, like i say about alot of teachers who "people" throw at me, these guys have been training longer then i have been alive, never mind training!!

im just giveing my oppinion, im not and never have stated my way is the best way, im just saying, if your a warrior monk, dont u think you should be proficient in combat? sure they may be able to pack a punch, alot of people can hit hard. sure they are pretty fast, but ive seen alot faster, and im very fast does that mean im at their level? no. and sure they have been training a long time, does that mean they have some supreme knowledge of combat because theyve been training their whole lives and yet have never really fought anyone else at their level?

how many masters fight each other regularly? how many monks spar each other? i brought this up years ago to doc, "do the monks spar, do u spar the monks?" the question was somewhat like that. his answer in response to my question about these "warrior" monks was, "no, they are above that, they have better things to do."

bullshit, if your a warrior monk you do more then just forms, gong training and whatever else your fancy.

this is why alot of people gripe about shaolin applications and call it bullshit, you should never hear that about shaolin, ive never once felt the need to doubt any application ive been taught because ive been taught it live full contact, and ive been taught to apply it this way on my brothers and vice versa

anyway, thats that. and i dont really want to dessimate you in the inferno, it would be to easy. i just said if u wanted to start talking some shit, u can take it up with me in the inferno, because i cant virtually punch u through my monitor lololo

Comment

Working...
                                X